25. matchmaker

At first, the plan was only suppose to be with Lando, Ollie, Pierre and Isabella. But they ended up inviting Daniel because he was eager to meet Isabella. Charles and Aurora were also in the mix but ended up cancelling because they were both busy.

Isabella obviously didn't mind Daniel being in the plan since it was suppose to be a 'friendly date', and she was also excited to meet him.

Isabella decided to invite everyone over to her apartment since if they went to a restaurant, they wouldn't be able to talk a lot. So at the apartment, they all sat on the floor with some drinks and a board game.

The only problem is that none of them knew how to play the board game Isabella had, except her.

Pierre tried reading the instructions but understood nothing of it, making him throw the paper on the floor, "The game does not make sense at all."

Olivia looked at Isabella who was laughing with Lando about something he said, before turning back to Pierre.

"I've been playing this game since i was 5 years old and i never understood it either." Pierre looked at her and chuckled before yelling at Isabella, "See! i'm not the only one who doesn't understand it."

"You know what, i'll take like all night explaining how to play this game, let's just..." Isabella looked around but literally had nothing on her mind, "I honestly don't know what to do."

Lando snorted which made Isabella's head snapped towards him, he smiled at her as he stood up and went over to her kitchen. The girl and Daniel followed which left Pierre and Olivia alone, which was what they initially wanted.

"So, Bella, you talking to anyone?"

Isabella looks at Daniel with  furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips. Lando looked at him with widened eyes, knowing what he was trying to do.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" She replied, opening the fridge as she grabbed some ice.

Daniel rolled his eyes, "Yes, i do and she's incredible. i'm just curious, you always have time to hang out with Lando."

Lando took a big fist of chips and stuffed them into his mouth as Isabella poured some water on a cup with the ice.

"There's your answer then. I don't."

The two boys raised their eyebrows at her which made Isabella roll her eyes with smile, "What? You guys thought i had a boyfriend?" She asked.

Daniel shook his head and rested his hand on the counter, "Honestly, no. Do you like someone right now?" He asked, straight to the point.

The girl squinted his eyes at the older guy, "Why am i being interrogated?" She talked back.

Lando swallowed the chips and coughed, "Heading to the bathroom." He pointed behind him, both Daniel and Isabella nodded at him.  

"i know you like Lando, it's so obvious." Daniel finally spoke, once Lando left.

The girl's eyes widened and shook her head, scoffing, "No, i don't, he's only my friend." She started playing with the ends of her shirt, Daniel noticed and grinned.

"Lando says when you're nervous you play with your shirts, makes me believe you do like Lando."

"Okay, if i did like lando, it wouldn't matter. he doesn't even like me." The guy's eyes widened and smiled at her.