39. Mother's blessing

Lando and Isabella were hanging out once again in her mother's house because Lila had insisted to come over again to see Lando.

The Romero siblings had left to the store because Lila wanted some chips, so Isabella said she'd go since it was a close store, they could walk there with no problem.

Lando was left with Maria Romero, Isabella's mom. They've talked before so it's not awkward for him to talk to her.

"Isa told me you suggested to help at the café." The older woman broke the silence, Lando looked up with a shy smile and nodded, "That was really sweet of you, honey. Thank you."

Lando blushed and grabbed some plates for lunch. "It's nothing, ma'am. I was just trying to help your daughter, she seemed stressed this past week, so..." he said, putting down the plates on the table.

"I heard.., she's been studying for this test she has, but my girl is pretty smart so it's not she can't ace." She winked, Lando snorted as he nodded, "Yeah, yeah. Isa's a very smart woman, sometimes she says words I didn't know existed."

"Oh, darling. I've been there too! She loves reading, that's where she gets it from, I assure his father nor me are that smart."

The boy smiled. A couple of seconds passed and they were silent, "Can I ask you something, Ms. Romero?" He asked, looking up.

"Oh, please. Call me Maria. And yes, you can."

"Did... did your daughter ever said something about me? I mean.., did she ever tell you how we met?" He gave her a shy smile. Maria sent a cheeky smile to the younger boy and nodded, "You want una concha?" She asked, handing him a chocolate and vanilla pastry.

He nodded and grabbed the vanilla one, "Thank you." She nodded and walked over to the table, sitting next to him.

"Mi hija esta enamorada de ti." She said in Spanish. Lando furrowed his eyebrows, confused. (My daughter is in love with you.)

"She's what now?" He asked.

The woman let out a laugh, "If you're going to be dating my daughter and coming over, you'll need to learn some Spanish, boy!" Lando scratched the  back of his neck awkwardly. "I really am trying, María. It's just a little bit hard."

"It's alright, mijo. Anyway, she always talks about you. I mean, she used to do it before you even met, you did know she's a fan, right?" She asked. The guy snorted, nodding at her question, "Oh, great. I'm not going to snitch on my daughter but let's just say she's a bit cucu over you." She rolled her eyes jokingly.

"What does cucu mean?" He asked.

"It means, crazy. My daughter is crazy for you."

Lando smiled. He smiled so hard that he blushed, looking away Maria Romero noticed his tinted cheeks and waved her hand, "You two are so in love, ugh, you'd be such a good son-in-law , you know?" She winked, smiling.

"So I'm welcomed to the family?" He asked, excited. The woman nodded, "Of course, you are, mijo! You've welcomed since the start! Remember? The day you came over to Romero's and asked for my daughter? I was right about you since then!" She laughed.

Lando chuckled with a giant smile, before he heard the door cracking open.

"Ya llegamos!" Isabella yelled. María looked at Lando with a knowing smile and got up from the table and walked over to her daughters. (We're here!)

Lando stared at the family and then looked away, thinking about the fact that he's now welcomed to her family. How her mother basically gave him the blessing to anything.

Formula 1 without imposter

Last lap
Guys
GUYS
YOU WOTN BEKIEVE WHAT HAPPENED

honey badger
WHAT WAGTV HAPPENED????

chavo sabroso
You're finally with the girl?

tsunoda
That was ages ago, checo!

Chavó sabroso
Oh my bad
Then what's going on?

Mr. Saturday
Mate's probably engaged by now
😂😂😂

Last lap
Her mom welcomed me to the family??
I don't know if that's a Mexican thing but she did

lord Perceval
@ chavo sabroso
What is being welcomed to the family

Chavo sabroso
It means her mom doesn't hate you and won't kill you if you hurt her daughter

honey badger
OH MY FUCKING GOD WE DID JT
JAJFJCIAIAAIDJJSJAJA

tripod
THATS WHATS UP MANNNNN

lord Perceval
AHHHHHHHHAHSHFHAJAJDJCJS

last lap
ARE YOUS SERIOUS?????

smooth operator
How did it happened? Did she just randomly say that to you?

Last lap
Ofc not
Isa and her sister went to the store and I was left alone with her mom and she started talking about Isa and then she basically told me she'd liked me as a son-in-law
😁😁😁

honey badger
OH SO SHE GAVE YOU HER BLESSING BLESSING NOT JSUT HER BLESSING

last lap
YES

lord Perceval
THIS SO EXCITING

Hulk
Since when does Lando have a girlfriend?
@ nano
Didn't you say he'd die without a girlfriend?

Last lap
😑😑😑😑

Nano
Whaaaaaat, I never said that. Stop saying nonsense. Also, congrats Landito! Girlfriend and blessing? You're a lucky man.

Last lap
Thanks nano.... Thanks

Honey badger
I made wedding invitations
🥰

Tripod
Omfg

Last lap
What are you talking about Daniel

Honey badger

Isn't it just so pretty?

Tsunoda
That's so pretty, I like the images you added, it adds color and fun

Honey badger
RIGHT!?

Strolly
Lando and Bella are getting married?

AUTHORS NOTE

I'm Daniel. I'm the delusional friend. I'm the one that feeds delusion into my friends, that's why they're all so weird and shit💀💀