30. He was in love

One thing Lando Norris loved apart from formula 1, was hanging out with Isabella Romero. Ever since he finally admitted his feelings for her to his friends, he couldn't help but always want to be with her. So, he did everything to hang out with only her.

Every day he would go to Romero's café, say hi to Isabella's mom, then go to the regular table and sit and wait for her. Some days he would get there before the girl, and sometimes it would be the opposite. He would always help behind the counter just so he would be close to Isabella.

Today, he even met Isabella's little sister, Lila. Their parents are separated, Lila lives with her father in Mexico and Isabella lives with her mother, here in Monaco.  So it's not often they see each other, but today, Isabella's eyes shined like the sun was in front of her, her smile was always present on her face when Lila was with her. She and Lando spent their whole day with her little sister like she was their daughter.

Lando saw how much she cared for her little sister, it was something he admired about her.

Maybe it was because she was excited, but she was always next to Lando, her arm around his as she made him follow her and Lila. He didn't care, she was happy and he was there.

He was in love.

"What's a place you've always wanted to visit," Lando asked as he licked his ice cream. He turned to Isabella, waiting for her answer.

The girl smiled like a little girl and chuckled, "That's hard, I've always wanted to go all around Europe but.....Disney world has been my #1." She smiled to him.

Lando stopped his steps and put down his ice cream. "You've never been to Disney world?" He asked. Isabella rolled her eyes at him.

"Not everyone is rich like you, buddy."

The guy slowly nodded, understanding. "Right, sorry." They stayed quiet for a few seconds before he talked again, "We could go some day..." He murmured, looking down to his ice cream.

Isabella smiled to herself, "Absolutely, we could go like— right now, in your private jet," she turned to him and whispered, "I assume you have one, no?" She asked.

"Okay, one, I'm being serious when I say we could go. And two, I know you're making fun of me...but yes, I have one."

The girl erupted into laughter, making Lando roll his eyes at her. "Again! I'm being serious! Let's go for your birthday." He suggests.

"Okay now you're definitely joking." Isabella stops laughing. The guy shook his head, disagreeing with her. "I'm telling you, I'm not." He states.

They both go into silence, stopping the walk as they turned to each other. Isabella tilted her head to him and whispered, "Are you serious?" She asked, surprised.

Lando smiled to her, "I am, I'm seriously asking —not joking— if you want to go to Disneyland with me?" He asked, looking directly at her eyes.

Isabella's eyes softened before jumping in excitement, throwing her arms around his shoulders, tightly hugging him. Lando's eyes widened in shock before placing his arms around her waist, softly hugging her.

Minutes passed and they were still hugging before Isabella pulled away, her hands still on his shoulders and his hands still on her waist. "Lando, you are truly amazing, you know that, right?" The guy shook his head, laughing at how excited she was.

"I knew that, but it feels better when you say it."

He planned a while ago to invite her to his future races but never said anything because he thought she wouldn't agree, but after this offer, maybe—just maybe, she'll agree to something more.