Your Warm Presence

...Where am I? Oh, my head hurts. I heard someone...is that..Nya? Why is she crying? No..please don't cry. I'm here for you, don't cry. There's someone else....Jay? Everyone's here? What happend?

"He's going to be okay, he just needs some rest,"

"How could I have let this happen? I was with him when the Bounty crashed..."

"It's not your fault, Nya. Besides, Zane said he'll be fine,"

Huh? Who are they talking about? The Bounty crashed? What's going on?

"I'll stay and look after him,"

"Cole, it's fine, he needs to rest,"

"No, you don't understand. I have to stay! Just...just let me stay with him, okay?"

"....Okay, sure. But make sure you get some rest too. We'll be in the secret base if you need us,"

Cole? Who is he staying with? It must feel great that Cole cares about...whoever that is so much.

"Don't worry, Kai. I'll be here 'till you wake up,"

......What?

•••

Kai opened his eyes forcefully and sat up. He blinked a few times and scanned the room, the familiar red scarf and the swords placed against the wall told him that he's in his room. Kai yawned and he spotted someone sitting on a chair beside him from the corner of his eye.

"C-Cole?" Kai gasped. The man with jet black hair was slumped heavily on his back, his arms crossed together and his head dangling from his neck. It looked like a very uncomfortable position to sleep in, Kai swore he could see his eyebrows squeezed together for a moment. It seemed like he hadn't been able to get much sleep, there were dark circles slightly visible beneath his eyes.

"Oh Cole..." Kai tried to get out of the bed, but his legs gave in and his body jerked forward. He had no energy and prepared for a rough landing but it never came.

"Kai, are you okay?" A voice so soothing that Kai couldn't get enough of it. The hand that was gripping onto his left arm to prevent him from falling further down felt gentle and warm. He was pulled into a hug almost immediately that it could've broke his arm.

"I'm so glad you're awake...you scared me," Cole's breath covered Kai's ears with warmth, he quickly adapted to this sudden action and his lips widened into a smile.

"Sorry, I didn't know I had no strength in my legs," Kai chuckled.

"How are you feeling?" Cole leaned his head on Kai's shoulder.

Kai was about to respond, it was then he noticed he was sitting comfortably on Cole's lap. He leaped up immediately, breaking free of Cole's grasp.

"Kai? What's wrong?" Cole stared at him worryingly.

"I..uhm, I'm sorry..you must be tired. I'm feeling better now, so you can get going," Kai could feel the blood rushing to his cheeks, he couldn't stop himself from blushing, so he could only prevent Cole from seeing him like this. What would he do if he noticed? Would he...feel disgusted? No, he couldn't risk it.

"Oh...okay then...are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine," Kai reassured him and turned to lay back on the bed. "Alright then, goodnight, Kai," Cole took a step toward the door.

Kai didn't know what he was thinking...what he was doing, but all he knew was that he suddenly grabbed Cole's hand subconsciously. Why did he do that?

Kai always admired Cole in the way juniors admired their seniors. Cole was only one year older than him, yet he always gave the feeling that he was in charge. Of course, there were times when Kai thought he was better than Cole. It's what he always do, thinking that he's better than everyone. But over time, he realised he started to change. And it was all because of Cole. Sure, he still thinks he's better than everyone else, but Cole was an exception. He would soften up whenever he talks to Cole, he would start giving compliments which was weird because he rarely compliments anyone other than himself. It always felt like there was something special about the guy. He's definitely different than his other friends, he can be cocky sometimes, but never to the point that would make someone feel uncomfortable. There was that one time when Cole became a ghost by a curse, they were on a bridge surrounded by water. He was completely vulnerable, since ghosts would apparently evaporate when come in contact with water. He became soft immediately, it made Kai chuckle. Cole was just as important to him and it really freaked him out when he fell off the ship that one time. Almost to the point that he wanted to jump down to save him. He quickly realised he was more fond towards Cole than anyone else. But now...he has a chance to tell him, to tell him how important he is to him. How can he let go of that opportunity? It didn't matter if Cole was gonna call him a weirdo afterwards, he can't hold it in anymore. If he was going to tell Cole, he has to do it now.

"Kai...what is it?" Cole stared at the brunette with his head down but his hand grasping tightly onto his.

"I...uhm..." Kai lifted his head slowly, he met eyes with Cole's. Ah, the eyes that reflected the same colour as his hair. They didn't looked plain at all. To Kai, they were treasure. As Cole blinked, Kai could swore he saw streaks of yellow in them. So beautiful, so precious. He could stare at his eyes all day long.

"D-don't go yet. Sorry, I wasn't thinking straight. I just....I feel lonely right now. Can you stay for a while, please?" Kai lowered his head, hiding the face blushing with red underneath.

"..Sure, of course. I'll be with you tonight," Cole gave a chuckle and pulled Kai to sit down on the bed with him.

They both sat in silence for a bit. Kai stole glances at Cole, his eyes trailed down onto his lips. He bit his own lip nervously.

"So...are we gonna talk about what happe-" Cole turned around to face him, but before he could finish his sentence, Kai deliberately pressed his lips against his. His eyes widened, tasting the strawberry flavoured lip balm that once covered Kai's lips.