A Painful Sacrifice

"Crystal? Wait, I thought that was the Crystal King?" Jay muttered foolishly, recieving a facepalm from Nya.

"Jay, the Crystal King is the Overlord. He's the embodiment of evil and darkness, remember?" Nya explained, the others just stared at Jay with confusion.

"Oh, right," Jay gave a nervous shrug and turned his attention back to Neon.

"Well, I gotta admit, that Crystal King guy really got out of my leagues. He was powerful, but now that he's gone, I will take his place. I gotta thank you for that, ninja," Neon grinned and both of her hands glowed teal again.

"Stop, we can talk this out! You don't have to do this!" Lloyd know better than to fight another elemental master. He was convinced that Neon wasn't exactly evil, most of them were never evil. Well, except for one. But only because that one rogue elemental master was consumed with determination and the thirst for power. Lloyd couldn't let that happen again, he believed that all elemental masters were chosen for the greater good.

"Talk? Funny, if I wasn't an elemental master, would you even have given me that option?" Neon was laughing, but Nya swore she saw something else in her eyes. Her eyes reflected everything but happiness, it was anger, sadness and guilt. Alas, something must've happened to have made her that way.

"Neon, I suggest you take it. Raging on a vulnerable city just to fight us would not be a better option," It was Zane that spoke, he too saw something else.

"You fools know nothing! Do you wanna know why I wanted to fight you? Not because I hate you, but because I hate elemental masters!" Now it was just pure anger, her eyes glowed in the same colour as her hands were and Lloyd thought he saw tears at the edge of them.

"But, why?" Cole blurted, she reminded him of someone...someone that very much acted like her.

"That, you don't need to know. Give my regards to Wu, will you?" Neon calmed down, but her fists were still clenched together and the ground shook.

"Wu? Master Wu? What-" Before Kai could finish his sentence, pieces of crystals emerged from the ground beneath them and flew straight for their heads.

"Look out!" Lloyd yelled and they dodged the crystals by inches. Looks like they're gonna have to fight an elemental master afterall.

"Where'd all these crystals come from??" Kai screamed as he tries to dodge more attacks from Neon.

"Underground, pickle head," Nya responded. She waved her hands and water came gushing down on Neon. She watched as she built a crystal barrier around herself to stop herself from getting wet.

"A barrier? Seriously? Why can't we do that?" Kai complained and he sent fire bursting straight at Neon, to which she blocked it again with another piece of crystal.

"I can, Kai. But you can't, your element isn't solid," Zane said blankly, throwing shurikens, destroying bits of crystals that was coming for him.

"Awh, does that mean I can't too?" Jay groaned and did a few stunts to avoid the crystals, before sending his nunchucks flying at Neon. To which surprisingly, knocked her to the floor.

"Don't act like you don't know, Jay," Cole looked at Jay blankly. Jay blew a raspberry at him and retrieved his nunchucks.

Lloyd tied a rope around Neon's hands that acted like cuffs and forcefully picked her up.

"Not so powerful now, huh? To be honest, you're the weakest elemental master I've ever seen," Kai shot her a pleased look and received a smirk from Neon.

"And you are the dumbest elemental master I've ever seen," Neon chuckled and Kai looked like he was about to burn her face.

"Why you-" Kai was about to run forward but the ground shook again and a crystal appeared in front him, ready to stab him in the heart.

"What-" Kai blurted and Lloyd screamed for him to get away.

It was too late, Kai covered his eyes to prepare for a stabbing pain but it never came. He opened his eyes to see a familiar figure in black gi, standing in front him.

Warning: gore!

The crystal stabbed right through Cole's ninja gi, leaving a splash of dark red that was spreading like a disease.

The others cupped their hands over their mouths, not believing what was shown in front of their eyes. Lloyd could only watch in dismay, Neon gave a laugh and commanded the crystal to stab even deeper.

Cole screamed and coughed blood, the strength in his legs faded away and he crumpled onto the ground like a domino. Kai couldn't move, he watched as Cole gave one last smile before closing his eyes, motionless.

"Cole!!!" Nya yelled and ran over to the body lying on the ground, a puddle of blood forming around him.

".....What have you done?" Lloyd gasped and turned to Neon, but she was nowhere to be found. Only the rope that tied her hands lay on the ground, snapped in half.

Kai stayed frozen in place, looking at the figure with a piece of crystal stabbed into him. His eyes started shaking, he couldn't breathe. He felt something cold trickle down his cheeks, he was crying.

No....

He took off his mask and finally found the strength to move, he crouched beside Cole and took him is his arms.

Please, no..stay with me. PLEASE! Stay with me, Cole!

He tried to speak, but he could only stare as more tears form at the edge of his eyes.

Suddenly, the sadness in his heart transformed into anger. He was going to get revenge on the person who did this. Oh, yes. He was going to get back at Neon, not only will she suffer, she will die a painful death. Yes, she will.

"Kai, we need to get him into treatment!" As much as Zane wanted to cry, Cole needed medical treatment immediately, and also because he couldn't cry.

"He's not dead yet, Kai. We can still save him!" Zane yelled again, trying to get Kai's attention. And it worked, Kai looked up at Zane and immediately sprang up.

"Don't worry, it's all going to be okay," Kai muttered to Cole, assuring that he won't let him die.

It's all going to be okay, love. I will make her pay.