A Fall To Death

Cole whined, it's not that he's never been stabbed before. It's that the crystal left a big opening in his stomach. This ain't a knife or a katana, it's a whole freaking peice of crystal. A big peice, for that matter. It took a lot of work to get him patched up, but he survived. In truth, Cole's never been injured so bad. Heck, don't think anyone in the team has been psychically injured so badly before.

Now it was Kai's turn to sit beside Cole, waiting for him to wake up. Just like how he did when Kai was injured.

This was different, Kai was only scarred when the Bounty crashed. So with Pixal's advanced technology, Kai would be in good shape in a bit. Even if Pixal did everything she could, she could only patch up the wound. The rest is up to Cole, it could take up to weeks for him to recover, even for someone as strong as him.

Cole opened his eyes, every part of him felt like they're being ripped apart. He felt weak, but it was then he heard a familiar voice. A voice of comfort.

"Hey, hey, it's okay,"

His vision was blurry, but he could make out the familiar brown hair shaped into a fire and the warm hazel eyes.

"Kai..? Ah...it..hurts..!" Cole tried to sit up, but his body was aching like hell. He had never felt so weak and helpless, what happened?

"It's okay, you're okay, Cole. I'm here," Cole tried to focus his vision, but he found himself too tired to do so. But hearing Kai's comforting voice, the pain seemed faint and he could only lay still and listen.

"Kai...what...happened?" Cole groaned, it's like something was stabbing him from the inside.

"You don't remember? You...were stabbed.."

"Oh..yeah...haha..right," Cole forced a chuckle, he didn't want to make it seem like he was in pain, although it was probably obvious that he was, but he didn't want Kai to freak out over it.

"Cole..you didn't had to do that...you didn't had to save me," Kai gently held onto Cole's hand. Cole smiled.

"No, Kai. It's fine, look..I'm alive, am I not? Argh..!" The pain was unbearable, but seeing Kai alive and well was just enough for him.

"No...!! It's not okay! You almost died! If it was any longer, you'd leave me forever! You'd die, right in my arms! And I would feel like it was my fault..." Kai couldn't control it, his tears running down his cheeks. It was always his one weakness, he could never seem to control his emotions. It didn't matter if it was sadness or anger. But most of the time, he would hide his emotions away. Unlike Jay, he was never the type to be expressive. Because he was afraid if he let loose, he wouldn't be able to stop. And that's exactly what was happening.

"Kai..." Cole wanted to comfort him, he wanted to pull him into a hug. But he was too weak, he couldn't even move his hand over to wipe away Kai's tears.

No please, don't cry....I can't bear to see you cry again.

Before he could say anything, he passed out again.

"Don't....cry.." Cole mumbled in his sleep. His eyes were closed, but he swore he heard Kai muttering something into his ear, "....Don't worry, I'll get her back for this,"

•••

"Innie, minnie, miney....mo!" Neon stared at the colour pallet her finger landed on.

Black

"Oh? I've already gotten him, silly! But I doubt that he could die that easily, at least now he'll have to stay out of fighting for a while. I'll finish him off soon, but for now, let's try another colour!" Neon giggled, as if it was all a game to her.

"Innie, minnie, miney....mo!"

Blue

"Oh? Ahh...the blue one! Well, this should be easy. Let's pay him another visit!"

•••

"Jay! Can you get off the game for a bit and help me with this?" Nya boomed at the figure sitting on the couch, playing Prime Empire.

"Ha! Take this! Ahaha, nothing can stop me!" Jay had his eyes focused on the screen, completely ignoring Nya. Well, maybe he's not ignoring her, it's just that his ears somehow went deaf.

"JAY!!" He leaped off the couch and yelped.

"..Uhh, haha..hi, Nya..wh-what are you doing here?" Jay stuttered and he felt like he could already feel the water coming down on him.

"Everyone's doing their work, and you're here playing video games. How does that seem fair?" Nya controlled the urge to just drag Jay out of the couch and crossed her arms.

"Sorry, It's just that we don't even have a lead on Neon and I don't wanna waste my time searching for clues-"

"Search for clues then! The others are with Master Wu, how about you go out into the city and see if there's any suspicious activity?" Nya couldn't get herself to get real angry with her boyfriend, but he HAS to do something.

"Don't we have monitors in the cityyyy-"

"Now!" Nya pointed towards the door, and Jay had no choice but to obey his girlfriend.

•••

"Awh I pissed her off again, can't a man have some fun?" Jay pouted, he was sitting on the top of Borg Tower, trying to get any sight of Neon.

"I'll give you some fun, that is, if you can last long enough," A voice that Jay knew very well belonged to Neon came from behind.

Jay turned around and got into his fighting stance. Well, it looks like he didn't need to search for clues anymore, she's standing right there.

"I was gonna kidnap you from the Monastery, but you just made my job easier," Neon smiled in a way that very much reassembled a psychopath, not like Jay hasn't already met plenty of psychopaths throughout his career as a ninja.

"Kidnap? Wait, seriously?"

Before Jay could react, Neon lunged herself at him, causing him to fall off the tower. It was way worse than he thought, because she was clutching onto him, not letting him go. Was she gonna use him as a landing pad? Either way, he was gonna have to find a way to save himself.

"Well, I was gonna give you the chance to fight me, but I figured you were probably too weak anyway," Neon grinned as they gained speed, the ground inching closer and closer.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed, weak? If she thought he was weak, she had another thing coming! But uh, not that he was going to be crushed into pieces the moment he comes into contact with solid ground.

"Hey, let go of me! We're both gonna die at this point!!" Jay yelled over the howling wind, trying to break free of Neon's grasp.

"Nope, just you!" Neon smiled.

Jay looked down, he could already see the cars fighting their way through the traffic. Then there were balloons floating all around them, to celebrate Ninjago city's anniversary. Wait, balloons, that's it!

His hands glowed bright blue and he shot lightning through her, causing her to let go of him and he took the chance to grab one of the big patch of balloons to slow himself down. Jay gripped onto one of the window frames and held on, he was thirty feet away from falling to his death. He watched as Neon kept falling, but the ground shook and she stopped her impact by landing on a piece of crystal.

Jay needed to get to safety as soon as possible. As far as he knew, he was still thirty feet up in the air. He leaped down from a window frame to another, closing in to ten feet. But when he was going to leap down again, the window behind him slid open and a crystal came stabbing through his thigh. Jay let go and soon he was falling again.

The world around him turned black and he layed still. It wasn't long before he heard someone shouting, and he heard the familiar voice of Nya. The sounds were fading away, and then everything faded.

"Two down, four to go!" Neon cackled as she stared at the crowd forming around at the entrance of Borg Tower.