Harumi's Return

Thud!

Nya flipped to avoid the oncoming crystals, she landed and glared at the figure standing no further than two rooms in the hallway.

Neon.

Great, Neon had came for her when she was still accompanying Jay. It had been two days since the incident, Nya figured she'd come sooner or later.

"Don't worry, you'll join your boyfriend soon," Neon gave out a cackle and Nya looked disgusted.

"Why do villians always have to laugh at every situation?" Nya rolled her eyes and dodged another incoming crystal. Neon scoffed and gritted her teeth, "I'm not a villian! I'm doing what's best for everyone!"

"Well I don't think trying to kill elemental masters goes as doing what's best for everyone," Nya glanced at the nurses running away from them. Right, a hospital would not be a good place to fight, definitely. She needed a way to lure Neon outside, but she also needed to be sure she doesn't go after Jay, whom was still lying on a bed in one of the rooms.

"You don't understand, mermaid," Neon stared daggers at Nya.

"Mermaid? Seriously?" Nya could've accepted any other insults, mermaid doesn't sound accurate at all. Heck, it sure is an insult. Just not a good one.

"Elemental masters were the reason I lost my family! Even that old Wu, it was partly his fault," Neon yelled, as if trying to get Nya to be on her side. It's weird, really. She had never intended to tell Nya anything about her family, but yet, she just said it anyway. She didn't know what it was, a sting of guilt, maybe? For hurting the one she loved, for hurting her friend, her family. She understood very well at the first sight that the ninja were more than just a team of elemental masters, they were a family. Something Neon never intended to break apart, she never wanted to break them apart.

But her anger, it was fueling her, blinding her and now she was after every single ninja. Her thoughts, twisted. Clouding her judgement, forcing her to make a murderous choice.

It can't be helped. They are still elemental masters, and they must perish. For I, swore to avenge them, even if I had to do it 'till my last breath.

Neon shook it off, she realised that Nya had stopped moving. She was staring at her, with a confused look. Perhaps even...sympathy. Neon reminded herself not to get soft around anyone, especially not around the ninja.

"Look, whatever you went through, you don't have to do this. We can work it out, together," Nya spoke as if she had encountered the same situation before. Neon cocked an eyebrow, slowly showing her frustration.

"Don't act like you understand me!" Neon charged at her, her eyes ablaze with fury.

"Neon, no!" Nya gasped. She prepared for an impact but someone slid in and stood between them, hitting Neon back a few paces.

"Grr...." Neon looked up, it was a girl with white hair that was straightened down to her waist.

"Harumi?" Nya gasped again. What was she doing here?

"Take your tantrum outside, would you please? I have a kid here I need to take care of," Harumi stared coldly into Neon's brown eyes.

Nya glanced at her. A kid to take care of? What was she, babysitting? Although it's been a year since the events of the Crystal King, Nya had never forgotten the way Harumi had tried to kill her friends. Lloyd was the one that suffered the most damage because of her. She was supposed to be sentenced to jail for a lifetime because of the crimes she committed over the years, but she reduced her jail time by helping to repair the ninja's monastery and doing some dirty work here and there in the city to which the destruction she caused. Overall, she only needed to be in Kryptarium Prison for 6 months.