Complicated Relationships

Note: I know I haven't exactly wrote much Lava except for the first few chapters so I'm gonna put some in this chapter now! From now on, Kai and Cole will be our focus characters. But there will be a few other chapters focused on other characters, I will add a warning before the stories start. Enjoy, everyone!

Cole sat up and rubbed his eyes. Gosh, why does it feel like the more he sleeps the more tired he gets? He touched the bandage wrapped around his stomach. It didn't hurt as much as before to sit up, but he could still feel a sting of pain every few seconds.

It's okay, he'll endure it like every other time when he gets injured. Cole could handle it, it's fine. With his elemental power, he'll heal faster than any normal guy would've been.

Cole stared at the clock hung above a painting, it was a painting of his mother. It was an old painting his father had gotten when his mother was still alive. His father had insisted him to bring it with him before he left him in the city, the time when he only went to visit his father just to get the fangblade.

4:07pm, Cole forced himself out of the bed. He had been on the same bed for almost two weeks, it's as if he'd forgotten how to walk and he staggered over literally air. His body slumped against the wall with a thump, he balanced himself and tried to walk again. Alright, he could walk. But his legs were really numb, his neck and backbone ached.

"Oh for FSM's sake, my body wasn't this weak!" Cole pouted.

Just then, the door clicked opened and Kai rushed in, his eyes slightly reflecting panic.

"Cole, are you okay? Why'd you get out of bed?" Kai held him by his arm.

"Kai, I'm fine. I just wanted to stretch my legs, y'know?" Cole gave him a forced smile, Kai looked unconvinced.

"You shouldn't, Pixal said you'd only be healed by next week, paired with your elemental power," Kai pecked a kiss on his cheek, Cole blushed.

"Haha...I could get used to this," Cole gave a painful chuckle, his wound ached again, screaming for him to go back to bed. But he knew he had to take a step, or else he'd be better off chopping his legs off.

"And you'll get more if you get back to bed, now," Kai pointed towards the bed, Cole pouted again.

"Awh, do I really have to?"

"Cole, you just tripped and banged against the wall. That's why I rushed here, I heard the loud thumping from literally at the courtyard," Kai shot him a stern look.

"Give me another shot, I won't trip again!" Cole removed his hand from the wall and tried to balance himself. It worked, but when he took another step, the pain in his stomach shook him and he fell forward.

Kai was quick to act and held him steady, he snapped an annoyed look, "Back to bed,"

"Ugh..fine," Cole slowly moved himself back to bed and sat there, looking down, pouting.

Kai walked towards and sat down beside him, he looked at Cole and pecked another kiss on his cheek.

"As I promised," Kai cocked an eyebrow and smiled at him. Cole looked at him, his face boiling to a higher temperature.

"W-well...you said you'd give me more, not just one," Cole slowly revealed a smirk and Kai raised both eyebrows. His eyes trailed to his lips.

"I don't mind giving more, but you'll have to close your eyes," Kai jerked closer. Cole could feel his legs going numb again, he couldn't seem to relax his muscles.

Cole closed his eyes, before he could ask, Kai leaned in and pressed his lips against his.

"Mhm..." Now Cole could feel his body clenching his muscles, every part of it. His heart melted for what seemed like the hundredth time and every time it would be because of Kai.