Love In The Hallway

Act as our lightning rod while
We make out.
Leave us be, yo.

~~~

Kai believed that he must've done something terribly wrong in his life. So terrible, that bad things kept coming in his way. Because the moment their flying ship shot up into the clouds, where he stood almost got hit by a burst of lightning.

Luckily, Jay redirected it. Or else Kai would've been barbequed right then. He doubted anyone would relish the idea of carrying smoked-Kai off the ship.

Jay bent over, slightly worn out from the sudden attack, "Oh for the FSM's sake, what kind of shitty luck do you have?" he regarded to the hot-headed.

Nya snickered.

Kai so wanted to just blowtorch them.

"Jay, mind if you be our lightning rod for a bit? Redirect the lightning bolts when they come at you." Cole suggested. Jay crossed his arms and muttered complaints under his breath: Seriously, without me, I guess these guys are as good as dead. He walked over to Kai and placed both hands on his shoulder, gazing down at him.

"You okay?" The raven-haired asked.

Kai remained silent for a while, his brain circuit heating up to a scorching temperature.

"I-I'm fine." Kai managed. He tried his best to act normally, but with his face as red as his own ninja gi, there was just no way he could do that.

"Good." Cole gave a small smile. Kai couldn't decide whether he should tell him that everyone's staring at them. It's already bad enough that they were getting stares, but Cole didn't seem to notice, or if he did, he didn't care. Kai wasn't Cole, he could never just turn a blind eye to people staring at him as if he wore a jester costume. His face got redder, which would only worsen the situation.

Cole let go of Kai. He brushed the dust off his ninja gi (It was definitely his way of hiding his embarrassment) and walked away like nothing happened.

Out of everyone whom were present, Lloyd was the first to speak up.

"Well, I knew Cole was always caring at heart. But since when did he show it so obviously to you?" Lloyd pointed at Kai, which made him even more uncomfortable than he already was.

The brunette must've had his brain fried to a crisp, because he shot back like, "You're just jealous he doesn't do this to you guys as well."

Nya gave a loud laugh, Lloyd recoiled backwards.

"I'm not jealous, why would I be? I have my boyfriend and that's all I need." Immediately, Jay nodded along with her.

"Can we talk about this later? Jay, lightning rod?" Lloyd chimed in and regarded the boy in blue gi. He was just grinning like an absolute idiot a moment ago because of how Nya talked about him, but that grin quickly disappeared at the thought of acting as a lightning rod for his friends, again.

"Yeah, yeah." Jay muttered lazily and began making his way to the roof of the Bounty.

Lloyd sighed. He turned to Zane, probably about to tell him to do something when he saw someone out of the corner of his eye. Someone that's not supposed to be on the ship.

"Zane....huh?" Lloyd jerked his head over, it was unlikely of him to react like that so suddenly that Kai thought someone forced his head to the side in attempt to snap his neck. (Kai wouldn't like that.)

"Master Wu?" Lloyd called out. Nya, Kai and Zane followed Lloyd's gaze and found a figure standing at the edge of the deck, staring out into the open as if enjoying the weather. Even though if the weather wasn't all that enjoyable.