Uncontrollable Power

"Any sightings of...her?"

Kai marched up the stairs, meeting with Zane and Pixal. He had gone down the secret base to check on them, to check if they've found Neon, precisely.

"No, it's like she completely disappeared," Pixal pointed towards the big monitor spread out in front of Kai, there was a map of Ninjago city on it. Apparently, Neon was nowhere to be found.

Kai gritted his teeth, he knew she wouldn't just show up one day and decided to attack them and then disappear. She's planning something. More importantly, Kai knew he couldn't just let her get away with what she's done. Almost killing his boyfriend and Jay, attacking his sister, he had to make her pay. That's something he swore a month ago, where she first appeared. But now, she's travelled off the radar.

"Keep an eye at all times, she'll be back, I know it,"

Zane glanced at Kai, he seemed to guess why he was so desperate to find Neon.

"Kai, I know what you're trying to do," Zane got off his laptop and walked towards Kai. He had a blank expression, but he knew exactly how it felt to have someone close to you get hurt or almost killed. Especially when Cole and Jay are his best friends too.

"No, you don't," Kai crossed his arms, trying to act calm. In truth, he didn't know what he was trying to actually do. So what if Neon showed up? What would he do? Attack her? Kill her? Or make her suffer? Either way, he knew whatever choice he's going to make, it's not going to be approved by any of his friends. Don't even mention Master Wu.

But his rage was consuming him, he would act on his impulsive thoughts, again. And he would let everyone down, again. Kai knew that very well, he knew that if he let loose, he won't be able to control himself. But it was too late.

"We'll get her, but not in this way," Zane seemed to read his thoughts. He placed a hand on Kai's shoulder, to which he didn't mind because usually, Zane's comfort would be something that's actually comforting. Not that he never wished Cole was there to comfort him instead.

"Zane, she almost killed Cole and Jay! She'll do it again once she comes back with a plan, I can stop her before she could do anything!" Kai boomed. Zane held his ground and listened, like he always do.

"How is 'stopping her', exactly? Burn her with your powers? Put a knife through her abdomen and throw her off a building?" Zane spoke softly, his voice was soothing, but it wasn't enough to distinguish Kai's burning aura.

Kai looked at Zane, his face seemed to say "I mean, I can do that", because Zane immediately replied a single "No".

Finally, Kai shook off the metallic hand grasping gently onto his shoulder. He stared at Zane and spoke.

"So what do you suggest we do? Lock her up in Kryptarium? She's powerful enough to break out, even if it's somewhere like Aspheera's cell,"

"They will give her power dampening cuffs, she won't be able to use her powers," Zane turned around and typed something into his laptop.

"Yeah, like that worked on us,"

"We were never given power dampening cuffs, Kai. The cuffs were only invented a bit after The Crystal King events," Zane turned back, his artic eyes glowed bright.

"Zane's right, Kai. Think about your actions before you make them," Pixal spoke. She looked a bit saddened, showing more emotion than Zane. Kai couldn't exactly make out why.

He turned around and left without saying another word. In conclusion, Kai made a decision to do things on his own. If his friends won't help him, he'll have to do it himself. Even if he's risking his own life. He will stop Neon, and he will make her pay.