Concaved

It wasn't totally pitch black, Cole could make out the curves of the walls and that's practically all he could make out. He stood up painfully, noticing he didn't exactly got hurt that bad. Maybe it's because the ceiling gave away and fell on him, and then it was used as a shield against other things that was falling apart. He's stuck in a space, because the fallen parts were stuck against each other and that told Cole he had very limited oxygen.

With every breath he took, it's as if he could hear a countdown that pretty much highlighted words like "Your death is in..."

Even if in a darkened space like this, Cole didn't waste another second and started moving his hands along the cracks in the wall, trying to find a weak spot for him to punch through.

After about like, 20 seconds, Cole muttered a single "Shit" under his breath and now his oxygen limit is even lower. He has to get out of there before he starts hyperventilating or something, because he's running out of damn oxygen. Could imagine that's exactly what it's like when you get thrown into space, except being thrown into space kills you almost immediately. No time for that 'gasping for air' drama, Cole was never the type for drama.

So was being thrown into space a better option or maybe there's an even better option. Doesn't matter what he chooses 'cause Cole doesn't wanna die yet, not now.

Alright, the options don't come as "choose wisely" because the moment he starts wheezing, everything else gets crossed out and he's got nothing else to worry about except dying. There's not gonna be an option anyway, so it's a forced fate. Unless he starts punching concrete right now using his super strength, he's not gonna last long.

Except, he couldn't find a weak spot. I guess that was what the "Shit" was for.

Screw it, I have to try.

Cole's arms glowed bright yellow, it gave the confided space a good glow and he could see the walls even clearer. He picked a spot where there was a 2 inch crack and swung his arm, punched straight into the rocky surface. It's as if it was just a stack of legos, it crumbled. Cole's fist acted as a wrecking ball.

Eh, it made a hole. But not exactly an opening. That's gonna take some time if Cole wants to get out of here quick, so he kept throwing his fists, with every punch, the walls shook.

He didn't dare talk, it'd be useless anyway. Cole just focused all his strength in his arms and kept pushing further.

•••

"Kai, there's no time! We have to get out of here now!" Harumi yelled, to which Lloyd eyed her suspiciously. Not even Harumi herself was exactly sure why is it that she's helping the ninja, she only ever wanted to help Lloyd.

"Cole is still in there! I have to get him out!" Kai ignored her.

"Are you nuts?! We have to go!" Harumi gritted her teeth and tried to pull the red ninja out of the rumble. It's like trying to stop a kid from going on a sugar rush.

Nya aggressively shoved Harumi's hands off and Kai was let to dig into the earth with his bare hands. "Don't touch him!"

"Don't any of you get it?" With all of them still in the danger zone, Harumi really wanted to just grab Lloyd with her and leave the rest of the ninja there to be blown to bits. But for some reason, she didn't. She couldn't, maybe it's because that it's partly her fault that they were in this mess in the first place.

"Get what?" Lloyd peered around, his emerald eyes examined the opening above them. That's supposed to lead to the outside, the courtyard. He looked back, Nya seemed to also be helping Kai. Even if it was obvious the whole place is coming down sooner than he expected, he couldn't just leave his friend that's probably buried in the rubble there to die.