Rage, Love, Lust On Fire

Nya sat beside the bed, the familiar figure of her boyfriend's body layed on the bed, motionless.

She felt as if her soul had been sucked out of her body and her face was losing its colour.

It was all my fault

Why, why, why, why did she had to chase him off?! And if she was really that mad, she shouldn't have told him to go to the city, she should've figured out that Neon would take the chance to go after him! As far as she knew, it was all her fault.

A few hours earlier, Nya had been crouched beside the same figure. Except he was lying on the floor and he was covered in blood.

She screamed his name, shook his shoulders, but there was no response. Not even a single groan or word. The people around them gasped in horror, some of them even took out their phones to film the scene.

Nya wanted to scream and rage on those who would even think to film the scene. How could they possibly think of filming when what the logical thing to do was CLEARLY to call the medics?! The police, anyone that could help him! She wanted to grab their phones and shove them down their throats, but she didn't, she couldn't.

She was the first ninja to arrive at the scene. A little while before, Pixal had spotted both of them, on the top of Borg Tower through the monitors they installed in the city. Nya was working on one of the vehicles near Pixal, she knew immediately Jay was in danger. She rushed to get the others, but before she could, she saw them falling. Gaining speed, they inched closer to the ground. That meant, closer to death. Nya could've already ran to get the others, but she stood frozen. She watched as Jay fought his way over to the window frames, she sighed. But something inside her dropped when a moment later, she saw him falling again. This time, he couldn't save himself.

"Nya? Nya what happened-" Lloyd fought his way through the growing crowd, he let out a gasp when he saw who was it that was lying on the ground. He heard someone behind him scream "Jay!!" and he recognised that it was Zane.

There were whispers and more gasps, the people around them were sinking into complete chaos.

"Is that Jay? The blue one?"

"Oh no, what happened to him?"

"Ahh!! Is-is he dead?"

Zane went to check his pulse. Jay was still alive, good. A ten feet fall didn't exactly hurt him as much as a fall from a hundred floors. That would be about more than a thousand feet, it was already good enough that Jay managed to stop himself at thirty feet.

A short while later, Jay was transported into an ambulance using a stretcher. They allowed only one companion, so Nya followed. By the time Jay was on a hospital bed, Master Wu had only arrived.

"Oh...Jay..." Master Wu wished that he could do something, but he couldn't. He feared that Neon would come back too soon, so he wanted the ninja back to the monastery to work out a plan.

"No! I'm staying here! It was my fault he was even on top of that building in the first place!" Nya boomed, she swore she would never leave his side again. Not until he finally opens his eyes.

"But Nya, the risk of you getting attacked next is extremely high. You heard Master Wu, we can't stay here either," As much as Zane wanted to stay too, he had figured it was logical to work out a plan first. Neon had already gotten to them twice, he couldn't let that happen again. They couldn't let that happen again.

"Nya, Jay would be safe. Neon never went to finish off Cole, I'm sure she wouldn't come for Jay again so soon. Plus, he needs some rest," Lloyd agreed with Zane, this whole situation has put them on a tight edge. Going after them individually, Neon had worked out their weakness easily. The ninja were as good if they were to fight together. Sure, each of them had experienced fighting alone, and they had made it out alive. But most of the time, they would be together. Working as one, as a team. Alone, they could put up a fight, but if the enemy was powerful enough, they'd be able to push them to an edge, before finally, finishing them off, individually.

"I'm staying, that's final. You can tell me the plan once you've worked it out,"

Master Wu sighed, at last he agreed for her to stay. But he also told her to contact them immediately if Neon were to come after her. A hospital would not be a good place to fight, it would be a disaster.

Nya nodded and watched as they left. She stared at her boyfriend, once again on a bed. This time, because of her.

Let her come.

She clenched her fists tightly.

•••

Kai held a bowl of chicken porridge under Cole's chin, he scooped up some with a spoon and fed him.

"Mmm, did you made this?" Cole was sitting up, one hand holding his injured stomach, the other supporting him from slipping back down.

"No, Zane did. He figured you need to eat something soon, so he made this before they..." Kai lowered the bowl, he knew exactly why they were in a hurry to leave. Just like Cole, Jay was the next target for Neon. And apparently, she succeeded in getting him injured. Although not as worse as Cole's situation, Kai knew Jay almost died because he was falling from a building that was over a thousand feet tall. The thing is, Cole just woke up, so he didn't know a thing about what happened. Kai wanted to stay behind to look after Cole, he was there when Nya came running and yelling that Jay was in trouble. It's not that he didn't care about Jay, he knew someone had to stay behind to look after Cole. He had watched the news when he was still waiting for the porridge to warm up, he had seen Jay, lying on the ground and there was....blood.

Seeing the way Kai reacted, Cole figured something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

"....Kai? What happened?" Cole looked at him worryingly, he knew that expression. It was an expression Kai would show when he's hiding something, and that something that he's hiding, is hurting him from the inside.

"It's......It's Jay, Neon got him. He fell off a building....Borg Tower," Kai looked up, it was as if he fed Cole a chunk of lemon and now his face was squeezed into a mixture of both sadness and shock.

"B-Borg Tower? Isn't that...like....a thousand feet t-tall?" Cole stuttered. A fall that high would definitely lead to death. He didn't want to hear Kai say it, he didn't want to hear him say "he's dead".

Fortunately, Kai never said it. All he said was "he's fine", and he explained that Jay had stopped himself from falling further at thirty feet. But Neon had him falling again at ten feet, this time he wasn't able to stop himself and he pretty much..made an impact on the ground.

"...Is he okay?" As much as Cole wanted to visit him, he himself was also injured.

"I don't know, but I think he got transported to the hospital. He should be fine...he has to be," Cole could see that Kai was feeling just as uncomfortable. Even though, Kai seemed to despise Jay the most, he knew their friendship was just as important to him. Jay was just as important to him as he was to Cole.

Cole was still feeling weak, but he recovered enough strength to lean closer and plant a kiss on Kai's forehead.

Kai looked shocked for a moment, but he smiled lightly before leaning in too and this time kissing him on his cheek.

Cole smiled back, it was a sweet moment.

But just then, they heard the sound of the Bounty and they knew, that the others were back. Pretty sure it's not going to be good news.

•••

Neon laughed, she didn't think it would be that easy to put two ninja off the line in just a few days. But then again, of course it would be. They were no match for her, she would be the most skilled out of them all.

Alas, she looked at the colour pallet her finger landed on.

Green

"Hm, now this is tricky. Pretty sure he's the most powerful one out of all of them...hmm..." Neon rested herself against the wall. She decided to take a break and plan well first, Lloyd was a tricky one to take on.

Although he's the youngest in the group, Lloyd had also proven to be the most powerful one. With him being the Green Ninja, the Golden power at hand a few years back and his Oni side.

Neon thought for a moment, how was she going to get him without unleashing his demon side? Then, it came to her that Lloyd also has weaknesses. She grinned.

"It's time, to get myself some help," Neon went silent for a bit, before muttering a name. "Harumi,"