Blinded Rage

Kai continued down the road, his footsteps echoing behind him. He took out a device and watched a little red dot flashed on the screen, suppose that's him. He watched for a second, hoping that another red dot would appear. But that would be too easy. The device was created to detect elemental energy, even if he wasn't using his elemental powers, the device could still detect him. Kai would use it to find Neon, and he knew, if he couldn't find her, she would find him. Because he's all alone, in Ninjago city, completely separated from his friends, he would be an awesome target to go after. If she didn't show up, he would purposely create chaos to lure her to him.

But was he willing to do all of this, just to get revenge? No, not just revenge. Getting rid of Neon would also be saving the city, surely his friends would praise him.

"They'll understand once I get rid of her once and for all," Kai stopped in a dark alley. On the brick wall faintly spread the words 'The Punk Blood', once written brightly in red spray paint. At least, that's what Kai thought. It IS spray paint, right?

Kai looked at the device in his hand again, it was the same, one dot, one elemental master. He sighed, why had he gone into this alley instead of taking the main road? He looked around, the whole alley gave off a sort of murderous aura that Kai couldn't explain. But that does explain the name though, assuming 'The Punk Blood' wasn't just a random set of words. So that's it, that's what the alley's called. And it is not a friendly name.

"Look what we have here," A voice came from within the shadows of the alley, partly hidden from view. Even if Kai could only see the shape of the person, he recognised who it was immediately.

"So I assume you're here to take me down, just like you did to my friends?" Kai held his guard, ready to fight.

"Me? You were the one who came here, I've always been here. Hiding and waiting...for you," Neon grinned, Kai retracted his head, looking completely disgusted.

"How did you know I'd come?"

"It's simple, you're not the only one with a tracking device," Neon held out a device, pretty much similar to the one Kai possessed. No, it's the exact same replica. That's weird.

"....But mine didn't show your presence, how is it that yours do?" Kai muttered, not entirely sure if he should attack first.

"It doesn't matter, you're here and you found me. So what are you waiting for?" Neon grinned again, she let her hands glow teal and Kai got a good look at her. Not that he's seen her already, and he would very much want to erase his memories of her image.

"This is where you'll remain," Kai's hands went ablaze and he charged at Neon without hesitation.

"Well, duh. This is where I live, but you...you'll remain here, lying on the floor," Neon dodged his attacks. "..after I send crystals piercing through your bones just like I did to your friends!" she held up her hand and crystals immediately emerged from her palms, Kai was quick to act and deflect them with a sword he brought along.

"What was his name again? Uhm....Cole, was it?" Neon cackled and swung a piece of sharp crystal down at Kai's shoulder, to which he dodged it easily.

"Don't, say, his, name!" Kai's eyes were now blazing with fire, glowing in the dark alley. He burst out multiple fire balls and Neon blocked them with a crystal barrier.

"His powers are similar to mine, except his element is not as durable as mine. I think we'd be perfect for a fight. Oh...oops, I never gave him the chance to!" Neon cackled again and it only made Kai even angrier. His fire kept growing, feeding on the anger that was also growing within him.

"Don't you EVER!" Kai charged with all his might, successfully landing a kick on Neon's abdomen and sending her flying back a few paces.

"He saved you, instead of taking care of him, you're here fighting me, to avenge him?" Neon's expression quickly went dark. Back then, she would sacrifice the things she needed to do just to take care of her younger siblings. Avenge or revenge were never options she would choose, because her family was more important than that. If Kai truly sees the people he lives with as family, than he would be there for them when they needed comfort the most! Not here, fighting the person who hurt them, leaving them to be on their own.