Chapter 10. Mrs. Steel your girlfriend

17 june 2021

It's the last night of our vacation. We did a lot of chilling by the pool, going to the beach and party almost every night. I think we all need to adjust to not staying up till 5 in the morning again once we get back. Although I think it's for the best it doesn't last any longer. Knowing most of the girls need to focus on the Olympics after this trip.

This last night starts off with a banger, karaoke. Not your normal karaoke though we added a twist. The screen with the lyrics has been set up by the pool. Leah came with the idea that two persons will battle against one another and the others decide who wins. They stand behind the two singers, so they won't see who is winning. Near the end of each song the loser will be thrown into the pool.

Everybody instantly was hyped up about the idea. I didn't want to disappoint them with the fact the microphones wouldn't stand a chance against the water. With the surprise element they would most likely fall into the pool, so I tried to make them waterproof and still useable.

We even made a bar for this evening, all the drinks within reach distance, what can go wrong?

After a round of drinks, Caitlin and Jordan are up first for water-dance-karaoke. They got the song Wrecking ball by Miley Cyrus. Never in my life have I heard the song being this violated before. Don't get me wrong it isn't the easiest song to sing, but these two are just screaming every sentence. Every word comes out as a screech. Which is why we unanimously decide our first battle doesn't have a winner, but two losers. Beth is standing behind Jordan to push her and Lia behind Caitlin. They both dramatically fall into the pool, finding it unfair we didn't choose a winner.

"Maybe try and sing instead of scream the lyrics." I say being smart about it.

"Well you take a go then, miss I-know-best." Jordan says sarcastic getting out of the pool.

I put my hands up in defense and walk over to the singing spot. They unanimously decide I need to take it up against Leah. Obviously wanting me to lose, because we all know she is better at it then I am, but I won't go down that easily.

We got the song Turning Tables from Adele. If I ever stood a chance against Leah, I know I definitely don't now. During the song I try my best to not sing any false notes, but I can hear Leah sing. She is too good at karaoke. When we near the ending of the song I feel a set of strong hands push me into the pool. Once I'm back above water I see a smirking Lucy standing on the edge of the pool.

"You are having way too much fun with this." I say looking at her laughing.

We did some more rounds with different people ending up in the pool, even Leah one time. Beth really did her best and defeated her.

I turned up the music a bit harder, in the hope that everybody would move to the dancefloor. Aka the Livingroom with some disco lights around it. We are dancing like nobody is watching, which is true nobody is. We also don't share much on social media knowing sometimes the alcohol gets the better of some people. The agreement is, we only share videos and pictures in the Ibiza group chat on snapchat and WhatsApp. Especially when we are here at the Ibiza beach house.

After all the dancing Beth came with another outstanding idea, never have I ever...

"Are we seriously going to play never have I ever?" Lia asks more herself then us in general.

"You make it sound like it's the worst idea in the world Walti, come on it will be fun." Beth beams taking Lia in a side hug.

Lucy walks next to me and takes my hand in hers. "Beth is aware most of us are slightly drunk and this indeed will end badly?" She says kissing my head.