Chapter 11. The change we all deserve

14-june-2021

After we got home from our well-deserved vacation it was time to get back to normal again. My normal would be realizing I'm really not going to Tokyo and Lucy needed to pack her bag before she went into England camp.

I really hate it, to be fair. Seeing her pack her bags first for some weeks with the Lionesses in England and also for a whole ass month in Tokyo. Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud off her but I wish I was also packing.

Luckily, we still got some days left together before she goes into camp. Starting with today, our anniversary.

Lucy woke me up with breakfast in bed. She even got me home-made orange juice and croissants, like the showoff she is. We once had a lesson in how to make croissants yourself during our time at Lyon. Somehow, she remembered how to make them and it's the cutest thing ever.

Currently we are making ourselves ready for a kayak trip. Lucy picked out the activity this year and I chose where we are going to eat tonight. I'm putting on my last pieces of clothing when I hear a message coming through on my phone. I see an Instagram notification coming from Lucy.

I get to the message and the tears are immediately present in my eyes. I wipe away the escaped tear and feel Lucy taking me in a hug from behind. "You really did this?"

"Yes baby, the world deserves to know you are the one I love." She says slightly tearing up herself.

She posted three pictures of us. The first is the picture we took on vacation with her kissing me on the balcony. The second one is when we were in England camp watching a movie. I'm sitting in between her legs with my back resting against her front. The third is my all-time favorite, it's a picture of her parents, my parents and us celebrating Christmas together. Keira took the picture which makes it even more fun.

The caption says: Three years together with this goofball, wouldn't change it for the world.

She already got lots of replies, the post only being live for a minute.

Wosofan21: Do we all see that first picture?
BronzeWalsh4ever: I think I'm hallucinating
WSLislife: How did we missed this?
       - Wonzelover: It does makes sense now, Lucy always being at Arsenal games.
       - Wosofan21: I think we were blind-sided by #Wonze
       - Womensfootball: Their hugs always lasted longer than with other players...

Some of our friends also reacted on the news, although it's no news to them we are together.

Keirawalsh: What in the house of commons is happening?!
     - AlixLeviTaylor: Sorry for stealing "your" girlfriend, darling
Leahwilliamsonn: This is the kind of content I'm living for, keep it up my dudes!
Bethmead_: I'm with @Leahwilliamsonn on this one, I'm in love with your love!

It's safe to say nobody saw this coming. They indeed were blind-sided by their love for Keira and Lucy together or how they like to call it, Wonze. Luce and I always laughed if they got something wrong again.

Like this one time we were on vacation with Keira and Leah. We traveled to Portugal and decided to hike. On top of the mountain we took a break. I was sitting between Lucy's legs, she was holding me tight. Occasionally kissing my cheek. Keira was sitting next to us and Leah beside her. Leah had put her camera behind us and took a photo with a timer. Three guesses what they noticed most in the picture. Lucy and Keira sitting close next to each other... Like wait what?! It's not like you can't see me sitting in between Lucy. Everybody just decided to ignore that tiny little detail.

I'm glad we could surprise the fans with this outstanding news though.

After our lovely moment we needed to hurry to be on time for our date.