Chapter 3

"Okay Oli, what's going on with you?" I asked her as I was taking out a bikini for her to wear, out of my drawer

"And don't you dare tell me that nothing is up, because I know you too well." I tell her again, giving one of my very rare serious looks. I just heard her sigh and sit on the couch in my room.

"Is something going on between you and Noah?" she asked all of a sudden, her question caused me to turn instantly to look at her, the look of pure disbelief on my face.

"What the heck, no why?" I asked her, and she just stood there looking at me and I just shook my head.

"You guys seem to always gang up against me lately." she said, and I swear I felt like we were 14 again, when she always thinking the world was against her. I took a deep breath and counted to ten in my head, like my dad had taught me to do whenever I was getting upset.

After counting to ten and from ten back, I looked at her and frowned,

"Why would you even think that? When did we ever gang up on you?" I asked her still standing where I was earlier, my feet seemingly frozen on the spot.

"Well..euhm.. at breakfast when I said that we needed to get ready for the party." she started to stutter, clearly she couldn't think of anything.

"Because of that you think we are against you? Oli c'mon, that's ridiculous." I told her and she just shook her head.

"You're right, it's probably just my period coming, I am overthinking and sensitive." she said, all of a sudden looking like a totally different Oli. I frowned again, she has never been like that, what is wrong with her? I honestly couldn't recognise my best friend.

With those thoughts in my head, I went into the bathroom and changed into my baby blue bikini, nothing too crazy just a simple two piece. I put a white shirt over it, leaving it open and took my sunglasses and book and waited for her to be ready and go to the pool house.

The whole way to the pool house was quiet, and it felt uncomfortable. As soon as we arrived we saw that Noah had already turned on the stereo and was already blasting some music, which made me smile, this guy. Isabelle has already placed all the towels on the pool chairs.

 Isabelle has already placed all the towels on the pool chairs