Chapter 23

"Oh my god, Angie, are you okay?" Jake asked me, as I was gasping for air, trying to calm down. To count to ten, to do everything I had taught myself to calm down but there was no use.
I saw him approach us and I swear I would die right there.

"Go get her inhaler now." Was all he said, Jake looking at him then back at me, I just managed to nod. I had left my bag on top of the table at the restaurant. Thank God we weren't that far.
I felt hands, rough hands grab ahold of me.

"Maggie, calm down please." Matteo's voice rang in my head and tears fell down my cheeks. How did he find me, why was he here? When he saw that I wasn't doing any better he hugged me. It was the tightest hug and best thing to calm me down.

"Maggie, we thought we had lost you." He said, against my hair, he sounded so concerned, so sad. My breathing relaxing as I heard his now soft voice.

How did he find me, why was he here? 

It took me a couple of seconds to steady my breathing but I looked up at him.

"Matteo, you knew I was leaving." I said, like I was just stating facts off the internet.

"I know, but Xavier is here and now that I know you are here it's even more dangerous." he said, and I felt my heart stop.

"Who's that Xavier guy?" I asked him, as I saw Jake make his way quickly towards me. I wasn't even processing that Enzo was here. On this Island and that I could, at any moment, see him.

"The one who killed Enzo's father." he just said, looking at me with concern. I gulped and looked back at Jake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was easier to have Enzo in the back of my head, when I knew that we were thousands of miles apart, but now, knowing that he was here, on my island, well it made it hard for me to even think straight.

Jake drove me back to my house right after our encounter with Matteo, my 'cousin', I couldn't help but smile at the thought.

When Jake had come back from getting my inhaler, Matteo had presented himself as my cousin.
I had missed them so much, and just seeing Matteo, was like I was seeing Enzo in a way.

"Hey are you okay?" Jake asked, when we were pulling over in front of my house. He looked concerned, but I smiled at him,

"Yeah, I am fine. A lot of emotions to see my cousin again after so long." I tell him, I didn't want to lie, I really didn't, but I had to, even though it was half the truth.

Says the girl who changed her name and also her whole persona to go into hiding.

"Do you want me to stay the night?" he asked, and I could feel my eyes grow wide. He sensed my discomfort, and his eyes soon grew like mine.