Chapter 11

During the first half of the movie I could feel her getting closer and closer to me

During the first half of the movie I could feel her getting closer and closer to me. I don't think she realised tho. But soon enough she was fast asleep on my shoulder.

I softly traced her features with my fingers, not trying to wake her up. She looked so pretty, so peaceful. I moved a bit because I knew that the position she was in could not be comfortable so I managed to move her slowly and have her head rest against my torso.

"You're making me so scared. Hell, I kill people for a living and I am usually not this mushy and soft and cuddly. I don't do relationships. What the hell have you done to me?! In less than 24 hours you managed to flip my whole world upside down." I whisper to her, as she stirs a bit getting comfy and letting out a satisfying sigh.

I found myself looking at her and smiling.

I had to get a grip, I was the Don of the American and Italian Mafia. I couldn't get soft, I couldn't change for 'better'. In my world is killed or be killed, and more time than not, I was the one pulling the trigger.

Before entering her house, Matteo had come and dropped the food off. I had left my gun with him, thing I never ever do. But I knew that if she was to see it she probably wouldn't feel safe and since I had my guys circling the house I knew I was safe.

At around 5 a.m. I received a phone call, I was half asleep but the vibration of my phone woke me up.

"Capo, we have a new lead on Xavier." I heard Matteo say, I snapped out of whatever trance I was in and looked beside me, Maggie still sleeping safe and sound. This life, the life I was living was not for her.

If I wanted to protect her I knew that this could not happen again, and anyway once she'd find out who I was she'd probably be too scared to even want to be with me.

"Come get me!" was all I said and hung up.

I stood up carefully, placing her in a better sleeping position, readjusting the blanket on her. If I knew where her room was I'd go and put her in her bed. I touched her soft face again, and even dared to place a kiss on her forehead, hearing her let out the cutest sigh.

I found a notepad laying and wrote her a note. I didn't want her to feel bad or anything when she wouldn't see me once she wake up, but I had to write the note in a way that she'd understand not to look for me.

I heard a car arrive and stepped out of the house, not looking one last time at her, because I knew that a part of my big block of ice that is my heart, would break.

I woke up on the couch. For a brief moment not remembering anything that had happened last night until I wanted to reach something with my right hand and saw my cast.

I slowly got into a sitting position and looked around and that's when I spotted the note.

"Maggie, I hope your hand and wrist will get better soon. Sorry I had to leave without saying goodbye. Enzo F."

I kept on reading and re-reading the note over and over again. So he had left, part of me was okay with it and the other part of me was kind of sad. I, of course, didn't expect to wake up next to him and getting to see his amazing brown/green eyes looking back at me and smiling at me. But still.

I took my phone and saw that I had a couple of texts from Noah and Olivia but I really didn't want to text them. I got up from the sofa and went to my room to take a shower, putting a plastic over my right hand and wrist. Let me tell you, that I had to take double the time to wash my hair.

During my shower I could only think about one person.

Enzo

I was wondering what he was doing, and if maybe he was also thinking of me. I was also wondering why he hadn't left his phone number or anything, but then quickly understood that maybe he didn't want to see me again and that he had been my knight in shining armour for the night.

As I sat down on my bed, the towel wrapped around my body, I wondered what I would do today. I looked outside and saw it was really sunny and instantly craved being in my pool but I wasn't in the mood to wrap my cast back in plastic.

"Maggie?" I heard Isabelle's voice through the door as she knocked two times,

"Come in." I tell her, holding onto my towel firmly.

"How are you feeling? I know you slept the whole night on the couch." she asked, not mentioning Enzo once.

"I don't really know how I'm feeling Isa, and the couch is comfortable so I slept just fine." I tell her and she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Can I do anything for you? You want me to cook you something special for breakfast?" she asked and I couldn't help but smile at her, she was so nice.

"I'll just take an avocado toast this morning. Thank you Isa." I tell her as she made her way inside the room and started to tidy the bed, that hadn't been undone, so I knew she still wanted to stick around,

"What are your plans for today?" she asked me, and seeing as today was Sunday and we usually used to spend it walking around with Noah and Oli, I really had no idea what to do.

"I think I will probably go to the gym." I tell her and she frowned, looking at my right hand.

"I'll concentrate on the legs." I tell her and see her nodding her head, which made me chuckle.

"Alright then, I'll get your avocado toast ready." she tells me, as I thanked her again and saw her leave, closing my door.

I got up and went inside my closet, taking out my green sports bra and the matching short. Putting them on quickly and also trying to put on my shoes, which was and herculean task with a cast.

(Please forget the Fanny pack)

I took a grey sweater and made my way downstairs, as I entered the kitchen I thanked the staff that had made my avocado toast and ate at the kitchen counter while making small chat with Isa who had come into the kitchen with my water bottle refilled with fresh waters.

"Thank you Isa." I told her, I hugged her and took my headphones and phone with me, still leaving all my messages unread besides for the ones my mom sent me.
I went towards the garage and took the keys to my dad's black Lamborghini.

As soon as I got in, I turned my music on and made my way towards the gym.