Chapter 30

The moment the door of my bathroom opened, the light made its way to the intruders' face and I got to have a good look at him

It was the same guy that was at my school earlier in the day, I would have had a thousand questions in my head, if the shining canon of his gun hadn't made me realise that he came here with only one purpose. He also had back gloves, which meant that finding his DNA or fingerprint anywhere wouldn't be possible.

I slowly got out of my hiding spot when he started to make his way back to the living room, he started to dial something on his phone and I heard his voice.

"She's not here, or at least she wants me to think she isn't here. She's probably scared somewhere." he said almost laughing, I swear I never had felt the urge to kill someone before but I guess there was a first to everything.

As slowly as ever I pressed the barrel of my gun against his head, all of a sudden he became quiet.

"Drop the gun and hang up." was all I had the courage to say, praying that he wasn't hearing my heart beat out of my ribcage.

"Got to go." was all he said, raising his hand up in the air and dropping his phone on my carpet.

"The gun now!" I said while pressing mine harder against his head, he hissed feeling pissed, but eventually dropped it, I managed to kick it under the couch.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" I asked, feeling already tired of it all.

"Me? I want nothing from you, but apparently you're quiet worthy for my boss. So I was asked to bring you to him." he tells me, a smirk on his face,

"Why bring a gun then?" I asked my arm already hurting from holding the gun so tightly.

"In case you needed a bit of persuasion." he said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Who do you work for?" I asked him, he looked so calm, it pissed me off.

"None of your business." he said, sounding smug, I couldn't take it anymore and hit him in the back of the head with the cross of my gun. He fell on his knees, calling me all types of names and turned to look at me, my gun inches from his face.

"I will not repeat myself." I said again, but he wouldn't budge, his dirty smirk still plastered on his face.

"I swear to God, if you don't tell me, I will shoot you." I was beyond angry by now, and it kinda looked like it had made an effect on him, but quickly he composed himself and shrugged.

"You wouldn't dare." he said, as he started to reach for something, thinking I wasn't seeing him.

"Okay enough." My anger taking the best of me, I lowered my gun and shot him in his kneecap of his right leg, instantly he yelped in pain and fell down, holding his knee and crying out incomprehensible words.