Chapter 6

What to wear, what to wear? I asked myself as I was walking in circles in my closet

What to wear, what to wear? I asked myself as I was walking in circles in my closet. It was a party yes, but I didn't want to go, so I guess me being there is already a big effort, no need to make any more efforts on the dressing department.

I huffed and passed my hand through my hair in frustration. I opened my jeans drawer and took out a white high waisted pair of jeans, took a white t-shirt, my green cardigan, because at night it could get chilly since it wasn't summer yet, and I wore my green Nike Air Force 1. Took the bag my parents just offered me and when I was happy with how I looked I went towards my vanity to do my hair.

 Took the bag my parents just offered me and when I was happy with how I looked I went towards my vanity to do my hair

Hopefully no-one throws any drink on me while being drunk. If there was one thing that I hated more than anything, it was drunk people. They don't know what they are doing, their inhibition is lowered, more time than not they will completely disregard anyone around them, and overall they were unpredictable. There were happy drunks and very mean drunks, and those were scary to me.

I let my curly hair down and flow freely and decided to take a scrunchy and put it in my bag, because I knew that at some point I would be tired of moving it from one side to another.

I put on some hydrating cream and kept my make up to a minimum, already thinking about when I'll come back home and that I will have to take it off before bed. I put on some concealer to hide the baggies under my eyes and just put on some mascara.

I took my wallet, my glasses in case I would start having a headache, my asthma inhaler and my scrunchy. Going down the stairs I told Isabelle I was leaving and hugged her, I knew she would stay awake until I came back, so I would try not to come back too late. I went towards the car garage and took the first keys I found, unlocking my white BMW 1 Series and putting the address on my Waze app and driving off.

I can't say I had high hopes for this party but when I arrived in front of Gabe's house it looked like it could crumble down at any time. My anxiety slowly rising as I saw the sea of people that were outside, inside and in the backyard. From outside I could see that there were even people on the top floors. God knows what those people were doing in those bedrooms. Nasty nasty.