Chapter 28

Soon enough we were on our way to the hotel I had dinned in the previous night

Soon enough we were on our way to the hotel I had dinned in the previous night. We made our way towards the elevator once inside the lobby of the hotel and made our way to the floor Enzo was staying in with his whole crew.

Once we entered his suite, the whole room was filled with people and noise. Everyone greeting Enzo with bowed heads and saying 'Capo' here and there. Enzo's hand never leaving mine, until we went towards another room in the suite. Enzo didn't even care to knock he just entered, causing a shirtless Matteo to squeal like a girl. His face turning into a scowl and then into confusion, once he realized I was there.

"Mags? How'd you? Where? When?" he looked confused looking from me to Enzo, then back to me and then to our hands.

"Details later Matteo. Now, do we have some leads about Xavier?" Enzo asked, his face as expressionless as ever, which only meant one thing, business.

"Yeah, we actually have found a lot about Xavier. Let's go to the other room." Matteo said, putting on a t-shirt over his head.

I looked over to my watch and saw the time, my eyes growing wide.

"I actually have to go. I will leave you guys to your big bad gang stuff. I actually have a class to teach." I tell them as we enter the living room again. Enzo's eyes growing wide a scowl forming on his face, making me roll my eyes.

"You're not leaving me anymore; I won't let that happen." Enzo said, his hands firmly placed on my waist, bringing me closer to his chest.

"As much as I love the position we are in, and the fact that we are actually reunited again, after eight long months, I told you yesterday that my life isn't going to stop like that. I need to go, and we will get together again later, okay?" I asked, and he continued to frown, but eventually let me go. I went on my tiptoes and placed my lips on his, he deepened the kiss for a few seconds.

After him finally letting me go, I put on my sunglasses, and took a small detour to leave the hotel. Even if that Xavier guy wasn't after me, I didn't want to risk anything.

Once I finally entered my car, I let out a deep breath that I didn't even know I was holding in. Started the car and went to my mini surf school, ready for the new day that was ahead.

Some Hours later

"You did amazing Jamie, you know that?" I asked the little boy next to me, as he was trying to hold on his board under his little arm.

"You think? I still couldn't stay on the board for more than 5 seconds." He said, looking down at his sandy feet.

"Hey, that's okay. You did so good, it's normal to fall, it's part of the learning experience. You'll see in no time you'll be the best out there, and you won't fall off the board anymore." I tell him, kneeling in front of him, and brushing his hair off his cute little face.

He just hummed and nodded, still not convinced about my words.

"How about we get you out of your wet suit and eat some ice cream?" I asked him, his face lighting up and instantly looking at me smiling. Nodding his head vigorously.

We made our way towards the little school that was on the beach. When we reached the school, I saw a man looking inside the school his face pressed against my glass windows. I frowned, putting on my glasses and tying my hair up in a ponytail. Handing out my hand for Jamie to take.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I approached the man, he didn't look familiar but with Enzo now close by, I guess it was better to be safe than sorry. The man looked up at me and then at Jamy, his eyes resting on Jamie's hand in mine.

"Oh yes, are you Angela Johnson?" he asked, putting on a flirtatious smile, that made him look creepy rather than cute.

"It depends on who's asking." I tried to laugh off, his eyes shrinking into slits for a quick second then composing himself.

"Well I am here for some holidays, and was wondering if you had availabilities to give me some surfing lessons." he said his creepy smile back on,

"Angie is the best teacher." Jamie said, making the man look down at him, which made my grip on Jamie's hand tighten. I played it off, chuckling and thanking Jamie.

"Well I am, but I only teach children, sorry." I tell him, starting to walk towards the door that was just a couple feet away, but he stepped closer to me, as if he wanted to be intimidating, but quickly composed himself and stepped aside, a smile on his face.

"Well that is too bad." he said, his eyebrows furrowed, his gaze burning wholes into me,

"I guess it is. Now if you excuse me we are late for our ice cream break." I replied, and with that I walked in my little school and Jamie happily stood by me, never letting my hand go.

I looked over at the door but decided against closing it and locking it, it would only make me more suspicious. For all I knew the guy could really only be a tourist who was wondering about my surf school.

As the end of the day approached, Jamie's parents had come and picked him up, and I was closing down my little school when I felt a pair of eyes watching me.

I knew who's eyes they were and quickly acted as if nothing was wrong. Taking my phone and typing in a quick message to Enzo, and then putting on a fake conversation that TikTok makes for when you are afraid to be alone in a uber, putting it on speaker.

"Hi Caroline, yes I just left work I'm on my way." I say making my way towards my car.

"Girl, I cannot wait for you to arrive, I have so many things to tell you." the voice of the girl said. I was still feeling eyes on me.

"Let me guess? Is it about Bonnie? She has been acting weird lately, or is it about Damon?" I asked, I had watched the first season of the vampire diaries, and it was the first thing that popped into my mind.

"You know it." was the reply of the recorded voice.

"Want me to stay with you while you make your way over?" the voice asked as I unlocked my car.

"Yes sure, let me just get in." I said while hurrying inside my car. Locking the door and pretending to still be talking and laughing as I made my way out of my parking spot. Discreetly spotting the same guy as earlier in a dark blue Dodge Challenger.

Oddly enough the car didn't follow me, but soon my phone rang and I saw Enzo's name popping up on my car screen. I pressed the green button.

"Where are you? Are you okay? What happened?" I could hear him worried, and already breathless at the other end of the line.

"Enzo, I'm okay, take a deep breath. I'm in my car, let's meet at my place okay? Also ask someone to run an identification on a dark blue Dodge Challenger with the last three numbers being, 527." I tell him, I could hear him pass the information on to someone that was next to him.

"Okay I am on my way. I'll only feel better once I am with you." He said, his voice sounding helpless.

"Be careful, I love you." I tell him and we hung up.

I couldn't keep the face of the guy that came by earlier, off my brain.