Chapter 9

"Thank you again, for taking me to the hospital and staying with me

"Thank you again, for taking me to the hospital and staying with me. It's really more than anyone has ever done for me." I tell him smiling gratefully, he looked back at me and nodded. I feel like this guy had different phases, like one time he'd be almost caring and the other second he'd be as cold as ice. I shook the thought away, just being grateful for him being there.

"Do you want me to drop you at your home?" I asked him as we were making our way towards the parking lot of the hospital, and right at that moment my stomach growled, but not a cute lady like growl, a full on bear growl, and that's when I heard the most amazing sound ever. I heard him laugh, and since it looked like it would be something I wouldn't be hearing so soon I enjoyed every second of it.

"Well I think that we are going to get something to eat first. C'mon let's go." he said being back to his bossy mood, but instead of dragging me towards the car by my arm like he had done earlier, he actually took ahold of my left hand. Besides the fact that my hand looked ridiculously small in his, it didn't occur to me to pull away. First because God knows how he'd react and second because weirdly enough, it felt right.

So I let him grab my hand and we just made our way hand in hand until we reached the car and he opened my door for me.

"Do you have somewhere specific in mind?" he asked as he had already started my car, I looked at the road thinking,

"Well since it's almost 1 a.m., I think there is only one dinner open. It's actually pretty close to my house." I told him and he just nodded, as he followed my instructions on where to go.

As soon as we spotted the big red neon letters from the dinner, he pulled over into the parking near the entrance.

"Oh no." I said as I was getting out of the car and looking inside the dinner.

"What's wrong?" he asked instantly looking around as if someone was about to shoot me, I noticed him putting his hand behind his back. I snorted, what would he do? Get a gun out of his back pocket? I chuckled at myself for a second and then turned to him.

"Olivia and Noah are inside." I tell him, looking up at him and back at them from outside, he frowned and took ahold of my hand again. Stupidly enough I thought that he would bring me back to the car and that we would go somewhere else but no. He intertwined our fingers and made his way towards the front door opening it.

Him being him and tall and broad shouldered and let's just say hot, everyone turned to look at him, and it felt like everyone had stopped breathing, as if he was radiating fear all around him. I noticed Olivia and Noah looking at him. He gave me a look of reassurance and I nodded back at him.

He started to walk and we made our way towards one of the booth at the complete opposite of Noah and Olivia and I let out a breath of relief knowing that I had my back turned to them and that either they wouldn't recognise me or they would think I didn't see them. And honestly both these options were okay by me.