Chapter 29

As soon as I arrived home, Enzo's car was already out front, he was leaning against it

As soon as I arrived home, Enzo's car was already out front, he was leaning against it. Looking as hot as ever. But when is he not looking hot?

I parked my car, and instantly Enzo approached and opened the door for me. Extending his hand out for me to take, which I did. He didn't waste any time in pulling me in his embrace, his tall frame embracing my small one, his lips finding my forehead, and then holding my face in his hands, as if he was studying me, to see if I was alright.

"Let's head inside doll." he said, putting his hand on my waist and pulling me towards the front of the house, unlocking the door we made our way inside, only for him to hug me from behind. He didn't say a word, he just stayed there, his front firmly pressing my back, his embrace as tight as ever, I could feel him breathe in my scent and my perfume.

"You're all I have, all I truly care about, I don't want to loose you. I don't want to even think about not being with you." he tells me, his grip tightening but not enough to hurt, his words, his low husky voice making goosebumps rise on my arms. I turned still in his arms, and faced him.

"I love you, and it's not going to happen okay? We're together in this." I tell him as I pressed a soft kiss on his lips, his left hand, making his way from my waist to my cheek, as he deepened the kiss.

We eventually moved towards my backyard and sat on the couch I had out there, we talked for what seemed like hours, never letting go of one another. That was until he received a message from Matteo about the license plate I had given them.

"I'm going to have to leave, Matteo needs me." he said and I frowned,

"Don't you think I should come with? I mean I still haven't seen pictures of the Xavier guy and his friend, maybe one of them was the guy that came to my school earlier." I tell him, and he looked like he was thinking, he took out his phone again.

"Here, that's Xavier and that's the other guy-" he started,

"Oh my god, Harry." I let out as a whisper, my hand going to my mouth, I couldn't believe my eyes, it had been almost ten years, but I could've sworn that it was him.

"You know that guy!" Enzo asked, almost getting up in fury, I held him back to keep him seated next to me.

"Yes, he was my friend at camp when we were like 13. He had to leave for France and I never saw him again. It had been a while but I am practically sure that it's him." I tell him again, taking his phone in my hand and zooming on his face. He still had the same piercing blue eyes and curly dark hair.

I could feel Enzo looking at me, and I turned to face him and handed his phone back.

"What?" I asked him one brow raised, I knew the look he was giving me.

"Ex boyfriend?" was the only words that came out of his mouth, I rolled my eyes and got up,

"Friends and tiny crush, we kissed for five seconds and then that was it." I tell him, he had a scowl on his face.

"Don't look at me like that I was 13, and besides him you are the only guy I ever kissed. And if you want to play that game, should I ask how many girls you had? Girlfriends and just straight out one night stands?" I asked, approaching him, I knew and I felt that he started to feel uneasy, I was shorter but it was like I was sizing him up. After a long while without a reply and seeing his jaw clench I had my reply.

"Right, so don't go all big bad wolf on me." I tell him, almost feeling mad at the conversation. His lack of response made my mind think he had at least thirty or more sex pals and a lot of different girlfriends. My brows were furrowed, it wasn't because I had chosen to be alone and to still be a virgin that he had to too, I mean he was and is entitled to choose and do whatever he wants or wanted to do.

But still a slight part of me wanted to be naive enough to think that I was his one and only. Anyway, I was now in a foul mood, my period almost coming and knowing that it was all due to the damned hormones.

"By the way, the guy that came by my school wasn't Xavier or Henry." I told him, kinda feeling relived about it in a way, he was probably just a creep.

"Right." was all he said, I was still standing in front of him, but he had trouble looking at me, had I been that harsh? I wondered, he passed by me and entered my house again.

"I have to go, please stay safe and stay here. I will come back tonight if you still want me to." he said, and approached me, kissing my forehead and leaving. I didn't even have time to reply that he was already out the door.

I locked all the different doors and windows around the house. The hours passed and eventually I received a text from him saying that he wouldn't be able to make it tonight and that they had a lead on Xavier. I just replied that I understood and hoped he'd be safe.

Walking to my kitchen, I looked at the time it was around 8:30 p.m. it was already dark outside and an uneasy feeling was taking over me. I rushed towards my room and went to my safe, taking out my gun and placing it behind my back, between the band of my legging and my skin, the cold metal making me shiver.

I walked back into my kitchen, but something was off. I could see the leaves outside moving.

"Alexa, what is the weather like tonight?" I spoke up, to see the line on the round little device go blue,

"The weather tonight is pretty warm, with no sign of wind whatsoever." she replied, there was my confirmation, no wind, someone was definitely out there.

I did what I do best, I played dumb, I turned off all the lights of my house, turning the tv on in my room and turning on the shower, as if I was to take a shower. This would make my assailant think that I was vulnerable and wouldn't fight back.

After turning the shower on and the light of the bathroom on, I closed the door and went back to my room, hiding and waiting for what was to come.

I hadn't realised how scared I was, until I felt my heart drop in my stomach at the sound of someone walking in my house, the person was trying to be careful.

All of a sudden the person stopped, I could hear their breathing and the steps becoming even more quiet, I heard the knob of my bathroom being turned and that's when I realised that no matter what I was thinking before, that person was definitely after me.