Chapter 36

NOT EDITED YET!

Hi guys, so sorry for taking so long to write a new chapter. I was kind of lacking any ideas, and I actually rewrote the chapter at least three times. I still am not very happy with how it turned out but oh well... I hope you like it. 

Thank you for all the votes and comments, it really makes me happy like you have no idea. So please enjoy chapter 36, which hasn't been edited yet, I will in the next couple of days, I just really wanted to update as soon as possible for you guys, so sorry if there are any typos and I am sure there are lol. So here it comes. 😊 

(Word count: 2695)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are a lot of things that you are never ready for in life. Whether it's for good or bad. Some people aren't ready to die, and are actually afraid to die, they are afraid that it might hurt, or afraid of whether they would go to heaven or hell. Personally I never have been afraid of death and never believed that after death you go somewhere. 

But if hell existed, I was definitely there. Looking at something I wasn't ready to see and that I never thought I would. 

There on the chair before me was a bloodied Enzo, looking as powerless as ever. Face and neck covered in blood. He was shirtless and whip marks were displayed on his whole body, the smell, God the smell, he might as well have been already dead, but he wasn't, I could see him moving ever so slightly breathing as much as he could. From where I was standing I could feel how painful it was for him to breathe. 

There I was looking at him, my body half as much bloodied as his, I wanted to cry, I wanted to fall to my knees and just let everything out. I wanted to be done with everything. 

How did we end up here? 

---------------------------------------- two days earlier ----------------------------------------------

I hadn't had a lot of sleep, I was just laying in bed looking at the ceiling. Harry hadn't been of any true help at all. I didn't know if his act was truthful or really an act of some sort and ultimately a trap, that we had fallen into, feet first.

I looked around and Enzo wasn't there, I knew he hadn't been sleeping much either, because I felt him brush my hair softly for a good part of the night. I smiled at the thought, God when was all this going to end.

For one of the biggest mafia groups of America I felt like his team really sucked, it looked almost like they were bad and doing nothing on purpose. 

Everything seemed even more weird when I left the room, and heard completely silence from the rest of the suite. Usually it was buzzing with people everywhere, talking and doing things on computers, but now, nothing. 

I pinched myself enough to realise I wasn't dreaming and that something was definitely off. I went to get my phone and I hadn't received any messages. I frowned, something was wrong and I didn't like that feeling at all. 

I looked around and made my way towards the dining room, and saw a small note on the table. 

"M, please stay here, we have a lead and cannot risk anything going wrong. I won't text you until we are safe. I love you. -Enzo" 

This message made me frown even more, but I brushed it off, feeling a headache starting. I went to the couch and laid down, turning the TV on, putting on a random channel on, I couldn't help falling asleep almost right away.