Chapter 34

The next morning, Enzo had been up early to talk to all his team and let them know everything that we had discovered

The next morning, Enzo had been up early to talk to all his team and let them know everything that we had discovered. I was still in bed, trying to find an explanation to everything we had found.

Why was I the target? Why did he want me? Everything was beyond my understanding and the frustration was growing.

I looked outside and sighed, it was yet again a beautiful day out, and ever since my accident I hadn't been back to the beach and I was missing it. I felt like I needed to go but Enzo would never allow it, and to be honest I didn't want to be that reckless.

Soo I sat up straight and continued on digging and finding whatever I could about Xavier, knowing that the sooner that's over, the sooner everything can go back to normal.

Normal, I snorted, whatever that meant. I couldn't even remember when was the last time I had been normal. Maybe that day at the grocery store with Noah.

God Noah, it actually was the first time I had been thinking of him since everything had happened. Also I had turned 23, in the middle of all that had happened.

I had been alone at home and it was actually a notification on my phone the next day that made me realise it was my birthday, and also a package I had received. In all honesty, I hadn't felt any different then when I was 22, you know, 24 hours before...

I couldn't help but feel tired, and I had realised quiet quickly that it had become my permanent mood. Then I became happy again, at least I tried, started my little school and then Enzo appeared and I knew right then that I was really happy, which only lasted 30 seconds, until someone was there to try and kidnap or kill me.

"Argggg." I said, covering my face with my hands, I needed to find this guy, put a bullet in between his eyes and just start to breathe again.

I felt worse than overwhelmed and frustrated, and the fact that I had my period wasn't helping the process at all. I felt like a ticking time bomb, ready to go off at any time.

I got up, took my laptop and got out of the room. Making my way to where Enzo and everybody else was.

"So, we keep digging, we go back to the warehouse and we scan and search each and every corner. We need a lead today on Xavier or Harry. Are we clear? I will not tolerate one more day without a new lead." I heard Enzo's commending and demanding voice, I would have been scared if it wasn't for the fact that I was his girlfriend.

They all nodded and said yes in unison. Some stayed there and talked tactics some others left the room to gear up and go back to the warehouse they had found.

"Hi love." Enzo said, coming towards me and placing his hands on my waist as he embraced me in a hug. God it felt so good to be in his arms and just feel this secure.

After a while we pulled apart and I pecked his lips.

"So I have an idea that you will totally hate." I told him, I knew he wouldn't want to listen to it but for now it was our best option. I looked up at him already seeing a frown on his face.