1- LIFE IN THE CITY

My life? It is simple, but the biggest thing that changes it, is that when I discover a "mate- bond," I am chosen as a Luna of the pack. But I don't want to accept the opportunity.

Five years ago;

My feet slipped into the mud, but I had to run fast since I only had a few seconds to beat. I run 100 meters twice a week, and I have to be able to do that in under 12 seconds.

"Go Shakira sweetie, You can do it." My mom says.

"Five seconds," my father reminds me as he yells at the hills far from me. Today is the last day of my training, and I'm in the woods. I'm not sure why I have to learn about tiger life. I'm simply a regular child, yet I like running about in the woods. But I don't have many friends outside the house, which is OK. After that, I'll have three hours to surf the web and play my favorite online game.

Even if my body falls in the dirt and rolls down the hill, I'll be OK, and I don't mind the scars. I've learn a lot about how to survive in the wild. My parents thought of me that way.

My parents are devoted members of the Christian church in our village. But my fate had changed. This is because, when I was 15 years old. I knew that they were not humans.

It was late in the evening, and the backdoor bangs I jumped from my bed to see what happened from the outside. I saw with my very eye that my parents turned to animals. From human to wolf. Because of fear, I run to ensure that the door to my room is locked. It is the reason I left home five years ago. I found my way to get myself and live in the city, and I never talked to them or sent them a letter.

Present time;

My life is not easy like that of other young people. I work as a dishwasher in a big restaurant and as a waitress in a club by night. I have four hours remaining to go in my apartment to sleep. In six months of working like this, my body doesn't seem to get tired; everything is normal to me. But sometimes at night, when I walk home, I feel like I'm flying in the air. I get ill a lot because I work too much, so even when I'm alone, I strive to go through life so I can forget about the family I grown up with.

There are often drunken people who abuse me in the street, but luckily I can defend myself; they don't know that I can run this fast. I was able to eat well and also save a little amount of money from the job I was doing. So I'm not going to allow drunks and other folks hang around on the road; just take it away.

I am Shakira Oyster, 20 years old. I did not complete my high school studies and do not intend to continue. All I want now is to go on, even if it pains me to recall my parents' looks and transformation into beasts.

Just like other people. I missed my real parents too. I still love them. But my fate is now covered with fear and pain.

Then one night, I strolled down the sidewalk and stopped in front of the newly opened bar. The name of the place was "Chilin Mate." I just want to stay here to chill and get drunk. Since it is Saturday evening, which is my off time from my second job.

I opened the old oak door and stepped into a different world. The establishment was done up in mid-seventeenth-century coach inn-style, complete with wood paneled walls and a bar made from a single slice of giant log that ran along the entire back wall. There were the modern conveniences of a dance floor, a jukebox, and every type of beer in the world on display on the wall behind the bar.

I took my table in the corner. It was a dark spot where I could watch everyone without being watched. I noticed that most of the customers are very primitive, and some of the pickup lines were even worse. A minute after I sat down, a waitress brought me a drink, a caffeinated soda, and she left.

In the distance, I am watching people dance happily, get drunk, try to dance, fall, and laugh out the door with a pretty girl and hot guys. But not all of it was funny or enjoyable to watch.

There were tender moments of couples walking hand in hand and kissing over a plate of salsa and chips. An old couple came in and danced slowly to a rock-n-roll song, but even with the drums and guitar playing in the background, the tender magic of sadness was still there.
Then the second beat is the song entitled "When I'm Gone" by Albert Hammond. The old couple left the dance floor.

"Sometimes I want to run to you...
Like lovers do... when love is new. Just for a moment be close to you..."

At this moment, I miss my mom and dad.
I wanted to cry, as if looking for a shoulder on which I could lean for a while.
My mom and dad How are they? What are they doing right now? A sadness was drawn into my face. I know that. I felt some heaviness in my heart.

While I'm still not in the right frame of mind, a young guy slipped into my room and caught my attention. He is taller than me and has a thin nose and a goatee. His clothes were clean but simple, and he constantly played with an expensive-looking old coin in his left hand. I figured the shadows meant he hadn't seen me.

"The table is taken by me," I said.
"I know, but I thought maybe you'd want some company," he replied.

"It depends on the company," I quipped.
I looked at him up and down and wasn't sure I liked what I saw. He gave off a vibe that rattled me, and I wasn't usually rattled. He shrugged. I notice that he is wearing a simple t-shirt and black pants; his rubber shoes are blue. Like me, I think he came from the province, so I asked him,

"What are you doing here in the city?"

"Nothing, I came here looking for someone." He said

"A family?" I asked

"No, I am looking for my soul mate."

When I heard his response, I burst out laughing in front of him and said, "Really, good luck! I hope you can see her soon."

"I feel that I'm that bad; that's why I'm here in front of you. I was invited to a great party while you are left here, alone." This man turned to me with a crooked smile.

"It's up town, and you get to rub elbows with a bunch of rich kids."

I glanced down at my worn blouse and dress pants.

"I don't think they'd want to rub elbows with me. Mine aren't exactly clean," I pointed out.
out. He laughed and waved off my concern.

"You look great-fantastic, even. Besides, you're just the person we're looking for." he said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"You're, well, how should I say it?

"Very well filled out," he added. I frowned.

"And that's supposed to make them like me, how?" I asked him.

"Let's just say they like to sink their teeth into a new acquaintance who's a little more real than the rubber-implanted stick people," he replied.

"So, what do you say? If you don't like it, we can always call you a taxi. There are plenty around at all hours," he offered. I sloshed my drink around in its glass and sighed.

"Why not? What do I have to lose?" I agreed; I wanted to try these strange things and meet new people. I grew up in the village without friends, so I have to get to the end of it and forget the reason why I ran here in the city.

"That's my girl! Come on, my car's out front." He took my hand, but I pulled it back.

"Wait a second, I don't even know your name, and you don't know mine," I pointed out.

"Oh, sorry. My name is Kurt Urdanzo, and yours?" he asked me.

"Shakira Oyster," I replied. He smiled and offered me his arm. It's a sign that I will hold his arm, and in a gentle way, everyone will see us with eyes that seem to know each other.

"All right, Miss Oyster, if you would be kind enough to follow me, I'll take you to a night you'll never forget."