13- THE HUNTERS

Since Kurt and I agreed to take things slow. I requested to sleep in my own room. He was angry; at first he completely ignored my request, but surprisingly, I was able to convince him!
I was actually starting to like it here. It's been a week, and although I missed my parents, Kurt told me that he had already sent two men to get the dead bodies of my parents and bring them to the morgue. We will wait 24 hours to give my parents a decent burial.
After two months,
I couldn't believe what I'd done. Why did I stay here? I realize I started admitting myself to the Alpha. Now, he has been planning our first date and refuses to tell me anything about it. I know it'll be amazing, and I'm curious as to why he's been planning it for 3 days now; it'll be huge. I told him that I didn't like flashy things, so he had to keep that in mind. I wish he'd listen to me and just agree to my cooking dinner for him, but he wants me to be relaxed on our first date.
Unexpectedly, one night before our date.
I was sitting on my bed with my phone in my hands, watching music videos. Then I stopped playing it when I heard growls and screams coming from outside. I jumped off my bed, not knowing what to do.
My heart beats faster than normal. I had so many different thoughts running through my mind. I needed to find Alden; he'd know what to do.
I ran through the house; its size still amazed me.
"Kurt, Kurt. Where are you?" I got no answer. The living room was a mess. What the hell happened? I went against what my head was telling me and ran outside; oh, how I wish I hadn't.
The smell of blood hit me like nothing I'd ever felt before. I couldn't see anything unusual, but I knew something was wrong. Worry consumed me; where was everyone?
"Kurt, if this is some type of joke, I'm going to kill you," I said. Silence followed.
I walked around the house toward the garden. When I got there, I saw one of Kurt's men lying on the ground. Going with my first instinct, I ran towards his body, ignoring his protests telling me to run into the house and lock the doors.
I lowered myself so I could sit next to him; his eyes widened as he struggled to speak.
"What's going on?" I was cut off when I felt cold metal press against the back of my head.
"Don't move, or I will kill you."
I don't know how long I sat there, frozen, not daring to make a move. Who was this person? What did they want from me?
"If you shift, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger." His voice was deep and raspy. This guy thought I was a wolf.
"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not a werewolf; I'm human."
I was expecting him to let me go. I really was, but instead he laughed and pulled my hair into his grasp.
"You think I'm dumb enough to believe you? Why would a human be here?"
I contemplated telling him I was chosen to be the Alpha's mate, but I went against that thought because then he'd really want to kill me. I needed to spare time. I knew Kurt would come save me.
"I am human. I was visiting here as a tourist." I prayed that he would buy my lame excuse.
"Stop lying!" A person at my back said.
I was thrown to the ground. The man was angry. He genuinely believed that I was a wolf. Do I even look like one? I've got no muscle, and I am afraid of everything. This man kicked me in the stomach, and I was sure it was going to bruise. I cried out each time he hit me.
"Please stop." I was spitting out blood.
Didn't he notice that there were no changes in my form as a human?
He kept going. Blow after blow, I felt myself getting weaker. I felt myself being lifted by him. The last thing I remembered was weakly screaming for Kurt's name.
I woke up on an uncomfortable surface. Silver chains were locked on my arms and legs. I could hear voices.
"Why hasn't her skin burned yet?" The man said.
"I don't know. Maybe she is really a human," the other one said.
"That's impossible. Why would she have been on their land?"
"I'm not sure. Stop talking; she's awake."
one said.
I hear their footsteps near me, and fear was my initial feeling. Why hasn't Kurt saved me yet? How long have I been here?
"What are you?" The man spoke up, who brought me to this place.I was tired of his sh*t.
"I am human. I already told you that earlier, you idiot."