8 -THE TENSION

The desperation in his voice shocked me. I couldn't control myself; the words slipped out.

"Shakira"

"Shakira"

He repeated it, and the way he said my name had me shivering and closing my eyes. He made my name sound like life itself.

"Shakira." Green eyes repeated it again, as if he couldn't get enough of saying it.

"Stop!" I gasped out. The shivering was even more intense.

"Sorry," he said, clearing his throat.

"Will you come out now?"

I didn't realize I was moving until I saw the light stinging my eyes. My eyes caught his. I was stuck; I couldn't talk, move, or even breathe! His body seemed as frozen as mine. He didn't look away, and neither did I.
Why am I like this?

A cough brought us out of our stares. My eyes landed on the guy from earlier. An irritated sigh left the man that I was staring at.

"Leave. Now." His voice was cold.
As Dimitri left, I felt nervous and relieved that I was alone with him.

"Explain." The only thing I could say was explain.

"Don't be scared of me when I tell you. I couldn't live with myself if you were scared of me," he whispered.

"What are you?"
My heartbeat was pounding loudly in my ears as I waited for an answer. Part of me demanded an answer; I needed it, but at the same time, the other half knew this answer would change everything.

"I'm a human-wolf" he blurted out.

"what?!"

"Werewolf," he repeated.

"No, you're not!" I exclaimed.

"It doesn't make sense; those aren't real!"

"Shakira, please trust me, okay?" He said calmly while slowly inching towards me.

"No," I protested.

"It-t doesn't...it." My voice chocked up as I tried to get my words out. Searing red eyes flashed in front of me, causing me to cry out and stumble back. It does make sense.

That night, I realized my parents  wasn't human. It was really fast. It moved in those shadows, as if watching me. Staring at me down like a predator does have a prey. If it weren't for the glowing eyes in the darkness, I wouldn't see it.

I didn't even know I was crying until a thumb rubbed them away.

"Shh, don't cry," he whispered.

His long arms wrapped around me, securing me in warmth. My face was buried deep into his chest. Kurt's head nuzzled into my neck, whispering on my skin. Instead of pushing him, I leaned into him, accepting the comfort he was offering me. The silent tears of before are now full-blown sobs. They racked through my body, shaking me, and those strong arms squeezed me tighter.
I hadn't really gotten a chance to really grieve my parents that night, and it hit me full force knowing they were truly gone.

After awhile of me in his arms crying my heart out and him holding me tightly to his chest, my cries became silent, and the tears slowed.

"I believe you," I mumbled into his chest.

"But why am I here? Why are you trying so hard for me to believe that you are...?"

Kurt's body tensed at my question. His lips ran up my neck, leaving pleasurable shocks in their wake.

"Because..." His breath tickled my ear.

"You're mine."
The words came out as a growl.

"You're mine. All of you is mine to kiss, to hold, and to love," he says. Kurt bit my neck before panting out, to pleasure.