3- THE KILLINGS

"We are a new group of people who reside in this city. Our common bond is a gift but dangerous. The gift of sharp smell, taste and hearing, of course we can't fly but we can run as fast as the horse but once a year we have a small gathering to find our mate, it's either from our kind or human kind. This night is now upon us, and we have chosen you to join the race," he explained.

Other people around might think he just wants an entertainment program as part of the party. But my head seems to blow behind them.

"Fuck this, I'm out of here," the irate man replied. He tried to push past the dark, pony-tailed fellow, but the man grabbed him. The dark stranger pulled back the other man's arms. To my surprise, the dark stranger turned into a beast-a monster killer with huge nails-and sank his sharp teeth into his throat.

A group of the police men surprisingly entered that room and shot the people who transformed into beasts.

"Run as fast as you can!" Once police in charges said. He pulled another bullet from his waist and his companions continued shooting. In this way they try to save the people who are there.

For the second time around, I saw a man's body twitched and convulsed as blood poured from the wound. The other people in my line, including me, understandably screamed our heads off and raced from the front of the stage to jump off.

Then there was another beast jumping into the crowd, followed by another two big monsters that landed into a mess of clawing hands that pulled down to the floor.

One got shot successfully by police. But he was strong and ignored a gunshot wound to the body so he was shot again and one bullet after another hit him until he died

I heard many screams as they tore one of us apart. The others on the stage panicked and tried to force their way through the crowd, but my terror and lack of athleticism kept me on the stage with a great, and terrible, view of the whole gory scene.
More people that I thought were humans transformed into wolves. Their faces elongated, and their hands lengthened into long, sharp claws. They tilted their heads back and let loose a horrible chorus of howls as their clothing tore from their bodies, replaced by thick coats of fur. They dove at those who had not transformed and pulled them to the ground.
I couldn't see what was done to the others, but from the screams, I didn't want to know.
I stumbled back and saw the dark man toss the limp body of the man into the crowd. They caught him and pulled him into their midst, and I could hear the smacking of their lips and the clacking of their jaws as they consumed his dead body.
My back hit the rear wall, and the dark man's eyes turned to me. They were no longer dark but turned to read, and in their depths was a terrible hunger that could only be satisfied by killing humans like me.
I decided now was a good time to leave, and the perfect exit was their entrance. I raced down the stairs and heard a noise behind me. The dark man, who is now in a wolf body, jumped over my head, grazing my hair by a fraction of an inch. He landed on all fours five yards ahead of me. The door stood in the middle of us.
I glared at him, and he smirked back at me. His face stretched outward and his clothes ripped as he, too, became a wolf monster. I jumped for the door knob, and he jumped for me.
Then the lights went out. I heard a yelp from in front of me, and the collision with the dark man never came. Howls and growls of confusion and terror came from the people around them.
The few of those who remained alive in the line of normal people cried out for help, but I couldn't even help myself. Hell, I couldn't even see a foot in front of my face. I screamed when someone grabbed my arms. Their sharp teeth bit down hard on my neck. I expected them to drain me of my blood, but instead I was flung forward. My gut caught the knob, and I fumbled for it.
The door opened and showed that it led into a long, brightly lit hallway. The light from the hall streamed into the dark party room, and I saw the dark man picking himself up off the floor. He was no longer a man but a beast with a long snout full of sharp teeth. His pointed ears sat at the top of his head with his long hair, and his thin hands flexed his clawed fingers. Nothing remained of his clothing other than a bit of shirt and pants.
I ducked inside just as he jumped at me, and I slammed the door behind myself. His claws scratched at the area of the handle, and I didn't stick around to see if this new dog could learn new tricks. I dashed down the corridor, at the end of which were a pair of elevator doors. The door behind me opened, and the clickity-clack of claws on linoleum echoed behind me. I pumped my pudgy arms and slammed into the button panel. The doors opened with a swoosh, and I raced inside.
I swirled around and saw the werewolf pounding down the hall. Fifteen feet. Ten feet. I slammed my hand on the lowest floor available, which was the farthest one from here. The doors shut just as the creature reached me, and his clawed hands dragged along the front of the doors. The elevator sped downward with the speed of a freight elevator. It soon hit bottom, and the doors opened to reveal the parking garage. I stumbled out and saw the entrance to my right and around the elevator shaft. I rushed toward the noise and sights of the normal city, but the abnormal moment wasn't done with me.
I was nearly at the opening to the garage when I heard a loud scratching noise from the stairwell.
I glanced over my shoulder and saw a half dozen wolves burst from the stairwell entrance. They sniffed the ground, and one of their pairs of yellow eyes turned toward me. My eyes widened, and I looked ahead. Just a few more feet to freedom, but the feet behind me were so fast. My lungs ached, and blood from my wound poured down my throat.
I flew out into the busy street and nearly played in traffic. My luck changed when one of the cars that nearly hit me was an empty taxi. I threw myself over the hood.
"Please help me!" I screamed.
"Get off my car!" he yelled back.
I stumbled around the side of the taxi and let myself in on the front passenger side.
"Drive!" I yelled at him.
His eyes widened, but he pressed down on the accelerator, and away we flew. I glanced back at the parking garage and saw a half dozen disappointed shadows lingering at the edges.
They weren't chasing me. I was safe.