11- ENTANGLED

In the next morning

I grasped a brush and began to run it thoroughly through my hair, grimacing in pain when I got caught in a knot every so often. Lesson learned: don't sleep in the woods, or you will end up with a sore scalp.
Rubbing my head softly to try to get rid of the pain, I stared at the door.

My guard was up, half expecting a wolf to burst through, sending the door into splinters, whether it was Kurt or that rouge. Curiousness and boredom got the better of me as I ventured my way to the door.

I pushed the door silently to get it opened. I poked my head out, looking left and then right. The hallway was empty. I placed a hesitant foot on the threshold, and when nothing happened, I shuffled fully out of the room. There wasn't a lot of space up here, I noticed. My eyes caught a set of stairs that led only down, and I headed there.
Little creaks echoed out as I walked downstairs. I didn't stop till I reached the last step, which brought me to a spacious living room. A couple of couches and chairs were scattered about the room, along with a low table. I briefly glanced around before I wandered to another part of the house.
My next destination happened to be the kitchen. Eyes widening at the large table, which could fit thirty or more people. Just how many humans and wolves live here?
I spun around to head to a different doorway when I bumped into someone. A girl my height and around my age stood there. Her body was thin and upright, her hair fluffy, and her lips were painted with red lipstick. A squeal left her when she threw herself at me.

I found myself wrapped tightly in a hug that I couldn't escape from. How is she so strong?

I swear my skin was turning blue from how tightly she was hugging me.

"It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"I breathe!" I gasped. She noticed that I was struggling to breathe, released me, and gave me a sheepish look.

"Oh, sorry." I let out a series of violent coughs before I managed to speak.
"It's ok." She stuck her hand out.
"I'm Julia!"
I raised an eyebrow at her but placed my hand in hers.
"Shakira."
"I know." My brow notched itself higher.
"And that wasn't creepy at all."
I gave her a small smile, causing her to feel comfortable.
"Ooh!" She exclaimed suddenly. I soon found myself being dragged by an excited 120-pound girl.
"Where are you taking me?" I asked.
"To the Alpha. He would want to know you are awake," she said.

I gulped slightly.
The thought of seeing Kurt again made me nervous. First, he's not human but a werewolf. Second, I'm supposedly his soulmate? Third, just seeing him and hearing his voice gave me a swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

Julia walked with me into a long hallway that had one door at the end. That door was opened in two separate ways. The deep brown stain gave the door an intimidating vibe. As we reached the second door, Julia released my hand to knock.
A muffled "Enter" was heard from the inside.

Julia turned the knob and pushed it open, revealing a dim room filled with overflowing papers and books. The room in general was quite large, and the decor gave it a warm look. There was even a fireplace, which greatly added to the cozy feeling of the room. My eyes were too occupied to even notice the two large men looking my way. A nudge to my ribs knocked me out of my trance. I looked at Julia. She smiled and spoke.

"Hello Alpha, Beta."

Her voice is so formal, different from how she was talking to me before. I soon locked eyes with my Kurt...mate?

His eyes bore intensely into mine. There was a certain glare of hunger present in those beautiful orbs, causing my throat to tighten. Kurt's eyes trailed down my body slowly, the hunger increasing rapidly. Our stare was so freaking intense that we didn't even see a smirking Beta and a giggling Julia leave.

Heat began coursing through my body; the feeling made me confused and finally snapped me out of my trance. I fixed my eyes on the floor and shuffled my feet awkwardly. Kurt coughed,
"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable; it's just that you look absolutely beautiful in my clothes."
My cheeks burned, and I hesitantly lifted my head back up.
"Uh, thank you?" He grinned at the sound of my voice.
"You don't have to stand there, you know," he said.
I trailed my eyes to the chair in front of his desk. I found myself headed to the seat before I could even think it through. His eyes caught mine once again.
"How are you feeling?"