4- COME BACK HOME

"Hey, wake up! We're already here," the driver said. When I opened my eyes, I saw the sparkling lights of "Malaya Inn". I know this place. This is where I came from.

"How much?" I ask for my payment.

"No, it's fine. I know you were in trouble. But next time you have to pay me," he said. While looking at me suspiciously.

"I promised! Thank you for saving me!"

"Are you sure this place is ok? it is too far from town" the driver said

"Yeah this is where I live." He frowned when I said that. I smiled at him. When the car left. I spent an hour walking.  

Instead of relaxing at the Malaya Inn, I decided to walk to exhaust myself. My heart was filled with longing to see my parents again. This is the life I grew up with and raised me. Wherever I go, those beasts are all around; where else can I hide? 

My parents, as far as I know, are monsters. Perhaps it's time for me to accept my fate. I was born here and will die here as well.

I left this place when I was 15. That was five years ago. Notice that nothing changes. On my walk, dark shadows followed me. My mind is filled with fear for my life and fear of what will be my destiny. Is there any hope for me to survive? 

From a distance, I heard a tremendous growl. So, I hurriedly ran towards our house because it was close. Then I found out that our home was attacked by a murderous beast that looked human but was not. I could see its glowing red eyes; it had the lust of murder. They are the same as those monsters that I faced in the city who tried to kill me.

I heard screams around, and then I saw how my parents died with their sharp claws.
The beast growled and killed my parents. I can still hear them ringing in my ears. I can feel tears escaping my eyes and rolling down my face.

Stabbing pain streaked through every inch of me now, and I could feel the hot blood seeping from the wounds. Every second, my heart pump more blood out than in, and I felt my legs weakening.   

"Mom. Dad." I covered my lips with my palm. I sobbed quietly. No matter how much I scream, I can't bring their lives back. 

I'm alone in the dark here. I folded myself up and hid under a large tree, wondering who I would go home to now that my loved ones were gone.

Later on, I no longer heard owls and other wild animals in the trees or the wind whistling through the firs, just my heavy breathing and the blood boiling in my ears. My vision is getting blurred, and I misjudged the lay of the land. The ground seemed to give way. And I fell.

I lost my back pack. A branch scraped off one earring, then the other. My hair tangled on every branch in my path, yanking at my scalp; the branches and twigs gave up their hold as I rolled. Downward... down... banging against rocks and stumps, my whole body bruised and battered, I gritted my teeth against the pain.

I can't take this anymore! I stop at a nearby tree behind the river, panting for air, which I much needed. My gray eyes scan my surroundings. If I wasn't scared for my life, I would sigh at the scenery. It was dark in the woods, and green trees all around were shaded by the light of the moon.

My legs are aching from the running, but it doesn't hurt as much as the pain I feel knowing that the people I love are gone. I scream in frustration and drop my head on my knees. While sobbing.

In a few seconds I could hear the sound of a twig snapping. The sudden growl made my head, snap up so fast that I could hear the little crack in my neck. Standing four feet in front of me was a large black wolf. His fur looked like silk, and his green eyes were so dark and alluring that it made my heart stop for a split second. His snarling teeth suddenly stopped as he took a sniff of the air. The sound of a whimper brought me out of my trance about the beautiful creature.

"Please don't hurt me!" I speak softly to the wolf. Another whimper came from his muzzle. He took a hesitant step towards me and stopped, as I tried to back up myself to move away from him. The creature slowly got down on his stomach. His head was parched on his paws while staring at me. Neither of us broke the trance of looking at one another. Until he moved an inch toward me on his stomach while tilting his head sideways with his tongue peeking out from his teeth.

"Are you going to kill me?" I say stupidly toward the wolf. As if he understands me. The wolf shaking his large head made my jaw drop in disbelief. He gave me a wolfish grin with amusement and something else sparkling in his eyes.

"Ok, either you understand me or I'm going insane! If must be from the shock! Oh, god, I'm talking to a wolf. A wolf!" Too busy with my ranting, I didn't notice tears rapidly going down my face, nor did I notice the wolf coming closer to me. A sudden, wet, slimy thing went across my cheek, bringing me back to reality.

"Did you just want to lick me?" I ask the wolf that is now sitting down right in front of me, his head four inches away from mine.

"Eww! Why did you do that?" The loudness of my voice caused the wolf to whimper.

"Now look at what you did!" I added. The wolf bark and shake of it's head, seemed he understands me.

"Oh! Hey hey, I'm sorry. Come here, uh boy?" I say.

"You can come here, just don't bite me, ok? I don't want to have the same fate as my parents," I managed to say in a choked-up whisper. The wolf whined at me and slowly brought his body closer to mine, curling up around me. He put his head into my neck, nuzzling it.

"What are you doing? Huh? I should name you something." He growled happily in his neck, not even moving.

"You're weird," I muttered. He nipped at my neck playfully after what I said.
"Ok, so what about a puppy? Blacky? Um, you are a big one, so Blacky?"

Hmm...but I like the name "Kurt!" for a strange guy that I met earlier. That was his name. The wolf finally barks in agreement instead of whining to say no.

"Kurt, what am I going to do? My family is gone! I have no one! My Mom and Dad are dead!" I broke down, breaking down to Kurt, who was whining and licking away my tears, for me to stop crying.

"Don't leave me, Kurt; I don't want to be alone," I managed to say through the sobs racking my body. After awhile, my crying went away, and I'm getting comfortable with Kurt, who is not protesting but is purring. Huh, what a weird wolf!

"Goodnight Kurt," I say, sleep taking over me and cuddling my face in his fur. It is so soft.

The surroundings were quiet, and I could only hear the flow of the river's water. Then last thing I heard before the darkness consumed me was a husky male voice that had me wanting me saying,

"I will never leave you, mate."