9 -LOCK MYSELF IN DEPRESSION

My thoughts halted when hearing another knock sound that was calling me.

"Shakira, can you let me in, please?"

I knew it was Kurt again, I don't want to talk to him for now. Then I heard those steps until it was gone.

Later on, another knocks on the door I heard.

"Luna, can you open the door please?"

A new voice I heard. I wearily walked to the door, my hand hovering over the knob, before I gave in and opened it. There was a guy standing in front of me, I think he is in his mid-thirties with gray hair. I looked into his brown eyes and down to his hands. He held a bag full of items. I gave him a curious and hesitant look. He noticed and said,
"It's just clothes, Shakira. With some necessary things."

I nodded and took the bag out of his hands, saying a low voice. "Thank you"

I shut the door behind me and dumped the items out of the bag and onto the bed. Toothbrush, hairbrush, hair ties, soap, and random-scented shampoo and conditioner fell out first. Then a large black t-shirt and boxers fell out. My face turned bright red as I looked at the clothing.

After my bath I changed my outfit, cleaned myself and dried my hair. Then going back and sat on the bed.

Today, is actually my birthday I reached the age of 21, and I miss my parents. Mother loved her child and supported her in every situation even her excesses. Now I realized, why they don't look for me in the city, all they want is for me to learn, to live this life that is full of surprises. My parents were just smart and powerful. They wanted nothing just as much as they started to get along with me and live peacefully.

I see the town was different from any other it did not condone weaknesses. Now the mate of an Alpha can be weak it didn't matter, a warlord's wife could also be weak they wouldn't care for it much but the human-wolves being the strongest supernatural dealt with strength and power without these, how could I rule?

The human couldn't stand a chance. For I knew everyone in this village already knew that I was fit to be the Luna because I was the Alpha's mate, the only one. And this is thanks to the training of my parents.

If all went as planned maybe I just mastered more martial arts to protect my parents, I would no longer leave home, and need the elders to influence me on my training.

I am just a human, a worthless daughter only meant to be a happy life and fed on. What if that wolf that I met is not Kurt? What if it was a member of a rouge? Then the wolf that I met in the forest, what if he didn't treat me as his mate, like what Alpha Kurt told me? If I had lost my life there, it was all good as well to say goodbye.

"A human cannot rule."

A voice I heard from the outside. As if someone's talking behind me.

"But she is the Alpha's mate," the second voice I heard.

It was the most obvious thing, that they were talking about me.

"I don't know how long she shall remain in this place. The prophecy said, a human mate would be the greatest warlock and that she will achieve her true powers only after she has been bound to the Alpha."

The third voice said.

"I know the prophecy by heart, for years that was all about Alpha could speak of. The prophecy spoke for a wolf and not a mere human so why worry your poor head my Lady. I've seen this human, she's nothing."

The second voices explained further and scoffed.

"We have to eliminate her. We can not condone future threats. Humans are deceitful."

The first voices shouted pissed. I can feel that she hates me. Who are these three? If they don't like me, then I was.

I glared at the wall shaking my head in anger. Knowing that I was used to having an outburst like this when I didn't get here in my own way but I even refused. Did the Alpha Kurt now hear them? Because I don't think that he likes to be disrespected, he had to remember that he was the Alpha.

I wasn't affected however. Their business is out of my business. I stood straight immediately from the bed, I sighed in frustration. I will not allow them to hurt my feelings so I would feel better.

"Calm down." I muttered, trying to soothe myself

Thinking that I am already into each other's neck deep. I know things about them, I remember a few things from my parents.

"I will stay humble, I will observe the Alpha, so that we will know what our next steps are."

The first voices earlier said. As if she did not like to be threatened which was exactly what she was doing.

"And is that a threat?"

The third voice of a man asked, his voice was cold.

"Alexa are you threatening her. Do I have a reason to see you as a threat, My Lady?" He asked mockingly.

Now I know, there's a name "Alexa" on the three of them who is currently talking about me.

"With my position, you know what I can do" the first voices said, then there's the following steps out of it, it seems that the discussion is already cut.

In the evening, Alpha Kurt visit me in that room, he bring some food for me to eat.

"How was you feeling?"

"I'm fine," I said.

"I know you are not feeling good, but soon you recover I will entroduce you to the pack,"

I just nodded at him, then I helped myself to eat the food he brings for me.

"Eat slowly, I'm sorry I don't know what your favorite food is"

"It's okay" I said

I feel better now that he stayed in my room, how should I tell him about what I feel now?

When I'm done eating, I keep those kitchen things and go to brush my teeth.

I fell asleep in his arms for the night. He talked about some fairy tales of wolves where his mother told him when he was a kid.

I wish for nothing more to take away the pain I feel. Even though every moment was bad, I let a content smile slip onto my lips. Having him let me into his arms is the greatest feeling. I wonder how his lips taste and how rough his skin is when my soft hands slide upon it.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he groaned lowly at my thoughts.

I sighed when I realized I already liked him since we first met. Beside him I never have to worry or fear anything.

"Have more time to rest; you have to gain your strength."

He whispered and he added to say,

" I love you"