5- LOST

I woke up hearing those birds chirping around. Sunlight sneaks up on my cheek.

"Can you shut up?" I yelled. I'm annoyed to hear the animal growl as if whispering in my ear. I don't want to open my eyes to get up, as it feels good to rest for such a long time, especially where I'm lying now, which is soft and warms my body. I'm so comfortable that I don't want to move. I felt a slight shift under my body, and then I panicked a bit until memories of yesterday came back, even the ones I didn't want to remember.

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was black. My head was nuzzled deep in Kurt's fur. I slowly sat up from my current pillow, scooted back some, and took a look around. Everything had a slight glow to it from the sun's gaze upon it. A whine from beside me brought me out of my trance. Kurt sat up quickly, looking around him while producing more whines and whimpers that tore my heart apart.

"Kurt?" His head snapped quickly, looking at me with relief. He came over to me and sat on his back, looking down at me.

"Wow, you're huge!" I said. The wolf just gave me a wolfy grin. I slowly petted Kurt's head, listening to his growls of approval, which sent shocks down my spine. I shivered at the feeling. Drifting away, I thought of what I was going to do next. I can't go back. That was for sure. Need money. "Oh boy, I need help," I said.

I didn't really have friends growing up in this town; I was different. I wasn't into make-up like other girls, and I'm kind of weird. I hid in the shadows, which I liked. Anyway, back to the point: I don't have friends to stay with.

"Um....oh! Uncle Rob! He is my dad's brother and doesn't live here either. And is Uncle Rob like my parents? a wolf? Oh no.. The city is too far from here anyway. Walking in the woods wasn't easy.

"Now, where exactly am I?" I said as I went for a walk in the woods. Then I remembered my uncle Rob, who lives on Cacho Street. I often went to see him when I was in the city, but he didn't know that I was here now, lost in the forest. While I was thinking, I stopped.

"Where the fuck am I?" Kurt, who was beside me, growled low but dangerously.

"What's wrong, Kurt?" He growled at me, pointing his snout at my face. Touching my cheek, he shook his head as a sign of "No.".

"My head?" No.     

Slowly crouching down to my knees, he approached me, putting his cold snout on my lips. He growled again, pulling back.

"My mouth?" He nodded at me.

"Was it when I said "fuck? "His large growling release to me. He has no idea how disgusted I am with myself this time. 

"Geez! Okay, I won't cuss!" Kurt nodded his head in satisfaction. I saw Kurt's ears twitch. Softly as he could grab my hand in his mouth, pulling me gently in a random direction.

"What are you doing?"  Ignoring me, he continued pulling me. Well then... After a while, which seemed like hours, Kurt brought me to a nice to rest.

"Holy shit, a f-fish?" I stuttered after the wolfy glare Kurt gave me. For a handsome creature, you can pack one heck of a glare! In return for that, I got a smug look. Raising an eyebrow, I said,

"Well, thanks for helping me, Kurt. I better get going." A loud growl mixed with whimpering interrupted me. Seeing a heartbroken look in his eyes, my body was suddenly filled with guilt. Crouching down so I was looking up at him, I lightly put my arms around him. He got quiet as soon as I touched him. I felt vibration against me; it took me a second to realize that he was purring. I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm sorry, I was joking that I wouldn't leave you. I don't want to be alone either." I told him. Pulling back and standing up, I dusted dirt off of me. I started walking down the long road, with Kurt along beside me so close that I didn't even feel the slightest breeze touch me. I feel safe.