14-IN THE CAGE

Judging from the look on his face, I had just pissed him off. His arms wrapped around my neck. I knew I was stupid; I should have kept my mouth shut.
My legs felt numb to the pain that I was feeling, my breathing was ragged and irregular as my heart was beating out of my chest, sweat rolled down my forehead, and my face was bright red due to the blood gushing through my veins.
I wanted to die, not be like this. Since I am all alone. I assured all the goddesses to grant my request.
I fell asleep a few minutes after the guards locked me in the messy room.
I woke up when a guard checked on me after an hour. I feel disgust. How can this person be so strict? They force me to do something that I don't want to do. I am not a wolf like they know! No one can treat me like shit! I'm not going to cry all night until they take me from here!
"Kurt, where are you?" I said to myself.
I was woken up by a loud noise. I heard glasses broke and growls of wolves. I was surprised when I realized that I slept on the floor. I haven't done this before.
I thought I was dreaming. Kurt is really here. I felt safe. But my body ached, and I needed to take a long shower, but with Kurt here? I actually felt like I was strong.
I watched as Kurt shifted into his wolf and attacked the men. One would think Kurt was being cruel, but I wanted him to hurt them; the things they said and did to me really did hurt me.
My Kurt on his wolf was a beautiful sight; he moved with ease, and his muscles flexed each time he would move.
I remember how yesterday I thought I would never see him again. I was disappointed in myself for not giving him a chance to treat me like he would treat any other mate. The most we'd do is talk, but that was going to change; I was going to let myself open up to him.
Kurt stood over one of the men while another wolf held the second man down. The second wolf was beautiful and big, but it didn't come close to the beauty of Kurt's wolf.
When Kurt lowered his head next to the hunter's head, I didn't think he was going to bite into his neck, but that's exactly what he did. Yes, I hated these men, but did they deserve to die? Being so weak, I couldn't stand up and try to stop Kurt; instead, I just lowered my head and closed my eyes.
"Baby."
I looked up and saw a very beautiful, naked Kurt standing over me. My cheeks burned with embarrassment; dear goddess, was he trying to kill me? He chuckled and ordered someone to throw him a pair of shorts. I was grateful when a pair of black shorts hit him in the chest. Letting out a breath of relief, I met his state.
"I'm going to pick you up. There's a car outside; it'll take us home."
I nodded, knowing that there was no way I could walk to the car.
Kurt's embrace was so warm, I couldn't help but snuggle into his body. Once we were settled in the car, Alexa began driving while Kurt sat in the back with me. He placed a kiss on my forehead and continued to apologize. When I looked up at him, I noticed the anger and sadness that burned in his eyes.
Placing my hands on his cheeks and forcing him to look down at me, I whispered
"You saved me, Kurt. You have nothing to be sorry for," he said.
For once, I was happy to see Kurt's house. It's felt like a lifetime since the first time I saw it. I will never forget my experience from these last few horrendous days.
Kurt carried me to my bedroom and told me he was going to give me some time alone so I could shower. As soon as he closed the door, I pulled my dirty clothes off and threw them in the trash can. I was about to unclip my bra when the door opened, causing me to shriek.
"What are those marks from?" Kurt's voice roared.
I gasped.
I looked up at him to see that his gaze was directed at the bruises that covered my stomach. I swallowed the knot I could feel forming in my throat.
"They're nothing. Please leave so I can shower."
"Nothing? Shakira, your stomach is covered in blue and purple, and you expect me to believe they're nothing?"
Tears formed in my eyes as I remembered how that hunter kicked me in the stomach repeatedly after I told him I was human. He was a cruel man.
"No, baby, don't cry. I'm sorry. I'm stupid. I shouldn't have asked." He said
His warm arms wrapped around my body. Forgetting that I was half naked, I wrapped my arms around his neck and cried even more.
I mean, when someone says don't cry," it usually makes you cry more.
"If it helps, you look good like this and feel great too." His husky voice hit me right in the core.
Pulling away from him, I laughed and lightly punched his chest; being as weak as me, obviously, the punch went unnoticed by Kurt.
"Get out, and let me shower!"
He kissed my forehead before obeying my request.
"I'll be back in twenty minutes. Try not to miss me, Babe." He winked, and then he was gone.
I took my time in the shower because I needed to scrub off how dirty I felt. My skin was bright red, and the water was steaming. My ribs hurt like hell, and I felt like any second I would just collapse. Willing myself to turn off the water, I stepped out of the shower and dried my body.
Finally stepping out of the bathroom, I was dressed in a pair of blue cotton sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I brushed my hair and left it down so it could dry faster.
Not feeling hungry, I walked over to my bed. When I was fully under the blankets, there was a knock on my door.
"Come in."
I saw him again. Alpha Alden walked to my room as he entered. He stood in front of me and said,
"You're here and safe. Sorry for being late. I was so worried about you. I missed you so much."
"Oh, I missed you more," I said.
Just then, he cleared his throat. I looked up and squealed like a little girl.
"I can't believe we're both here! I thought my time was coming; you can see me dead if ever." I added to say