Diamonds

"Diamonds, the main source of our power.

Its possible that in the wrong hands,

They would most likely destroy all our lands."

                                                                            -???

(Sorry if we upload this late! We have busy lives)

(Also the top drawing is made by my sister, Selene. Credits to her)

This is another headcanon that is purely invented by me specifically(and my sister sort of). So this "original headcanons", although originaly made by us, can also be used freely if requested. Just to let you know.

So, in TLOCH, countries have a lot of powers and unhuman abilities that really differences them from us(even the way they die could be different than us). One of those spectacular abilities or possesions are The Diamonds of Territory( or the DOTs), which are basically diamonds that are powerful enough to control, extend or shorten lands or territories.

To explain it a little bit more, lets say that North America is a land, but that territory have a diamond, when someone(specifically a country) have that diamond, they can either use the land for their please, or make it larger or smaller and even create new things on it!

This diamonds could be differenced by their upper part which contains the image of the land it controls, like the South American one for example, this diamond have the image of the entire South America, meaning it controls it. Another thing that could be diffrenced from eachother is their colors which are random, for example Central America 's diamond is sky blue.

Technically, the DOTs are objects that control the land, specifically regions like North America. The regions bellow are the ones with diamonds. Only regions can have a diamond, anything else dosen't have one. 

22 regions, 22 diamonds:

-Americas

-North America

-South America

-Central America

-Latin America

-Europe

-Central Europe

-Western Europe

Northern Europe, Scandinavia(Yes they have a diamond)

-Southern Europe

-Eastern Europe

-Eurasia

-Asia

-Central Asia

-East Asia

-West Asia

-Middle East

-Indochina(It s pressumed it dosen't exist or its diamond dosen't have a value anymore)

-Oceania

-Caribbean

-North Africa

-Southern Africa

-Eastern Africa

(Without Indochina, their basically 21)

All of these regions( except for Indochina) are existing today, and so are their diamonds, which are currently being protected by Queen England(some of them has managed to get their diamonds back, but its hard).

With these diamonds, countries are basically getting more land, they have a potential upper hand on others , that is, if those other countries dont have a piece of the DOTs.

When a diamond beholds a lot of countries and the countries on the land can't agree who to have it, it splits in equal pieces to all of those countries, obiously loosing power in the process. When this kind of thing happens(which has happened a lot). One of those countries would most likely want to get the other pieces of the diamond to become stronger(thats what most of the empires did). All of that explodes a territory fight like in the Seven Years War in which Kingdom of France and Britain fought for the DOT that born on that land in order to get more territory.

This leads to the creation of the DOTs. DOTs are born when a region has been recently discovered. When a country or nation gets their hands on the new region, they are giving some of their essence and power to the diamond, which makes a small explosion before absorbing a part of the essence of that nation who got their hands on it, creating then, a Diamond of Territory(DOT).

If two or more countries are fighting for the same diamond, then it will happen what I explained above, just that before the DOT divides itself in multiple pieces, it happens in the small explosion instead. In shorter words, the DOT divides itself in pieces before even being born tp please the conquering countries. 

However, all of this only if the territory is NEW. If its not and had a diamond before the conquors arrive(Like in Mesoamerica), it will basically happen in another sense.

When the nations fighting for the diamond are  not both conquerors but one is a native or a nation that already was there and the other one a conqueor, the DOT, which already exists, have to stand for the native or the one they belong to. And if the conqueor wins at the end( Like with the Spanish Empire and the Aztect Empire), the DOT is left with no other choice but to change and get used to the conquering empire.

Something else about these diamonds is the fact that country families or bloodlines inherit the diamonds. The DOTs are passed from father to son, or from mother to daughter. This even happens with a diamond piece, they are a very important family heritage.

Thats basically everything about these mythical diamonds, they have a lot of other lore but it probaly going to be explained in future stories. Any questions ask them below in the comments. Bye!