•Change

Pierre thought was the first of his 'group' to see Ellie's statement.
What a shocker.
I mean the youngfella had been stalking her social media since he had heard about Aishling to try and see how she was dealing.
To no avail , obviously.
But now that there was something , he was practically sprinting away from Juliet to get to the drivers briefing to show Charles , Alex , Lando and George.
I mean they were Ellie's friends too.

Juliet had been the biggest pain in the arse not only to Pierre , but to everyone around him. She was so needy and clingy and just overall extremely and unnecessarily annoying. She followed Pierre almost everywhere , like if he needed a piss she'd probably stand beside him and tell him some bullshit story about a photoshoot she did while they were 'on their break'
That break was meant to be permanent.
Pierre wished it had been permanent.
She was particularly starting to get on Carmen and Lily's nerves and to they they filled with rage everytime saw her was an understatement.
And they weren't pleased with Pierre either.
In their eyes , Pierre wasn't doing much to get rid of her either. They saw him as someone who was almost a sugar daddy towards him and they were almost disappointed.
He literally had Ellie , the kindest , purest most innocent soul on the planet and he fumbled the bag and picked up this chick instead?
Chick wasn't the word Carmen used.
Carmen and Lily had long rants about her to eachother and their respective boyfriends , who weren't too happy about her or Pierre either , and Carmen had called her every name under the sun. She wasn't proud of it and she knew she was raised better , but she didn't feel bad.
And even though they thought Pierre wasn't doing anything to get rid of her , the truth was he couldn't do anything to get rid of her.
He described her to his PR manager as "a duck who hatched out of her egg and the first person she saw was [him] and just followed [him] around as if she thought he was her mother".
He was far from it let me tell you.
And he was far from interested in what she had to say to him so he bolted into that drivers briefing on a warm late afternoon in Abu Dhabi to run to his friends with the development in his actual love interests life.
Juliet was left at the door.

"Charles did you see-"

"The Instagram post? Yeah we did" Charles replied , not even letting his friend finish his question.
"Lily sent it to Alex" he finished , signalling to the Thai-British driver and their two other British friends who were standing with him.

"Oh"

Pierre had hoped he had been the first one to see it.
He wanted to show them he cared.
He wanted to show them he didn't actually like Juliet and that he annoyed the bollox of him and that the only person he really wanted was Ellie.
He just wanted to show them.

"Did you get a reply from her? To your message?" he asked.

"No mate nobody's heard nothing from her besides that message" George spoke up.

"Oh , okay" Pierre replied with a hint of disappointment. He was kind of hoping she had reached out to someone so he could hear how she was really doing.

"Did you?" George asked.

"No"

"Right"

There was a mix of an awkward yet comfortable silence among the four then.
They were aching to hear from their summertime friend , and almost girlfriend , and the fact that they were receiving nothing was upsetting to them.

But before another one of them could speak up again , the drivers were called to take their seats and discuss the weekends race with the heads of the FIA , and their conversation was left at that.

________________________________

Meanwhile , Ellie had packed all of her's , Jax's and Aishling's belongings. She was going home , wether Orla was in Australia to help her or not.
She was done.
She was so sick of staying at the place where her sister fell further and further into her demise.
She felt sick everytime she entered a room in the place where her best friend hid the worst and most vulnerable moments of her life.
She couldn't even say she lived there because she didn't. She didn't socialise , she didn't play music or sing , she didn't live the life she lived at home.
So she was done.
Her business in Adelaide was done until Scott's sentencing in the new year and she was going home to live.
To live for Aishling.
To live for Jax.
And most importantly , to live for herself.
She was done with being a shell of her former self. She was done with doing everything on autopilot. She was getting her shit together for Jax cause that's what Aishling needed her to do.
She was getting out of the depressing shithole she had been staying in for the last two months and she was going home.

Upon her arrival home two days later on the 20th of November , she decided she needed a change.
She decided that the change had to come in the form of her lifestyle. She was no longer going to be able to be the frivolous , spontaneous person she used to be. She couldn't afford to be , and she wasn't talking money.
A lot of her spontaneous ideas came from spontaneous things Aishling had done , and now that Aishling wasn't going to be doing anything anymore that had to come to an end.
She was also a child's sole dependent , and so deciding on a random Tuesday night that she wanted to go to France or to London just wasn't going to work anymore.

Getting home to her apartment in Limerick was the best thing that had ever happened to her. She was so happy she still even had her apartment in the first place and was so thankful to Orla for using the money she sent home once a month to pay for the rent.

Ellie went home to Tralee and very quickly realised a second change needed to be made to her appearance. She realised the change needed to be made when she ran into an old friend of her mother's at a Church , who then proceeded to accidentally call her Aishling. She apologised profusely for it , saying how Ellie and Aishling we're almost like twins and apologised again explaining she meant know harm. Ellie accepted her apology and understood that there was no malicious intent in her innocent mistake , but it didn't stop her from bawling her eyes out when she got home.
Ellie knew then that something needed to be changed.
She didn't want her parents to look at her and see their oldest daughter.
She didn't want her parents to constantly be reminded of how their first-born child died.

So Ellie dyed her hair.

_______________________________