•Light a Fire

Pierre stood at the door for a moment in shock. Ellie had answered the door. She had actually gone to the get-together.
She was actually standing in the door , staring out at him awkwardly after he greeted her with her name as if she didn't know it already.

"Hi Pierre" she welcomed , his name sounding like angels singing coming from her mouth.
"Come on in" she said , moving out of the way of the door to let the Frenchman the in to their friends apartment.

"Thanks" he said , moving past her into the corridor to the kitchen.
"How have you been?" he asked as she closed the door and turned to face him again.

"Good" she answered with a smile.
"Busy"

"I can imagine" 

"Alpine this year" she said as they moved further into the apartment.
"Excited?"

"Very" he replied.
"As a French driver with a French team I'm so honoured for the opportunity. Plus , I'm racing at Anthoine's team with Esteban , how good could it get?"

"That's very true" she said with a smile as they rounded the corner to the kitchen and sitting room , meeting with the others at the get-together.
"Pierre's here" she told everyone as she left his side to take Jax back from Lily.

Everyone greeted Pierre , most of them asking how his days at Alpine HQ were and if he was excited for the upcoming season , before branching off into different smaller groups to chat. Carmen left music to play softly in the background to avoid awkward silences , but conversation flowed between all the groups and different people floated between different groups with hopes of talking to everyone.

"And that's why Monza is my favourite track!" Ellie told Daniel , George and Alex.
"I mean since 2019 we've had how many winners? 4? And the Italian fans are just a different gravy"

"But Silverstone is a classic , iconic track" George argued.
"I'm not trying to be biased here but it's been around for so long and it's so prestigious"

"I can see where Ellie is coming from , but it only proves why I like Austin so much" Daniel added.
"I just think that the atmosphere there is something else , and the track itself isn't all that bad"

"And that's why I like Suzuka" Alex threw in.
"Yeah all the fans are there for Sebastian or whatever , but they're so passionate"

"I swear to you , when Jax is a little bit older I'm going to get an Italian Greyhound and call it Monza" Ellie told the three , looking down at the baby asleep in his seat carrier.

"You're staring" Lando said to Pierre , who had been watching Ellie interact with his friends and eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Yeah for like 2 seconds" Pierre defended.
"They were talking about different tracks , I wanted to see where was her favourite!"

"No mate you were staring at her for like five minutes" Charles corrected laughing.

"Yeah , it's creepy" Lando laughed.

"Leave me alone guys" Pierre smiled as he swatted at the two of them.

"Just talk to her! What's the worse that could happen?" Charles encouraged , hoping that he'd grow the pair to go over and talk to her.

"I can't , what if someone takes a picture and Juliette sees?"

"Are you dating her? Juliette?" Charles asked.