028

The days have been passing like a hurricane, it feels like it was yesterday I held the Hogwarts letter for the first time

And now I'm already in the last week of third year.

And, Theo and I have still not talked out about what had happened on the night of Christmas.

It was like he was trying hard to forget it.

Anyways, since our exams just got over, I will be completing the animagus process now.

Taking exams as an excuse to not talk to anyone, I've been Carrying a single Mandrake leaf in my mouth……for an entire month – from full moon to full moon to be precise. Yes, I'm serious. If you swallow the leaf or remove it from your mouth at any point, you have to start the whole thing again.

I then had find a ‘small crystal phial that receives the pure rays of the moon’, put my saliva-filled leaf inside, and add one of your my hairs. Add a silver teaspoon of dew from a place that neither sunlight nor human feet have touched……for a full seven days. And if that wasn’t hard enough, I then had to add the chrysalis of a Death’s-head Hawk Moth to the crystal phial as well. Then put ‘this mixture in a quiet, dark place’ and leave it alone until the next electrical storm. And really leave it alone – couldn't even look at it. Couldn't even think about looking at it.

While waiting for the transfiguration to begin, I had to place my wand tip over my heart……every sunrise and sundown and speak the following incantation: ‘Amato Animo Animato Animagus’.

It was said that if I  If kept repeating the incantation, ‘there will come a time when, with the touch of the wand-tip to the chest, a second heartbeat may be sensed.’

I didn't change anything! Kept going. Kept waiting for that storm!

Until now that is.

As soon as lightning appeared in the sky, I ran to the place where I have hidden my crystal phial.

That is the room of requirements

The doors to the room flew open as it sensed my desperate magic.

Sirius who was casually reading something jumped at the sudden voice, and turned to look at me.

" It's today " I grinned at him which he returned.

Oh! Did I forget to mention? Sirius has been helping throughout the process.

" If prongs were here, he would have helped you. So, it is my duty that I help you" that's what he said when I revealed my desire to become an animagus.

And oh boy, no matter what the books or fanfictions say. Sirius Black is a fucking amazing teacher.

I rushed to the spot where I had hidden the vial and found a mouthful of red potion inside it.

" Let's go to the forest" Sirius suggested as he transformed into Padfoot and started running beside me.

Reaching a clear space deep in the forest, Sirius transformed back and placed his hand on my shoulder