032

Today was honestly a very important day and the last part of my plan

Sirius's trial

Which will be held in Amelia Bones’s office. The Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

I had opted to walk to the ministry simply because I didn't exactly know where it was to travel by floo and I have never apparated before, so it's damn risky.

The farther I walked, the smaller and less imposing the buildings became, until finally I reached a street that contained several rather shabby-looking offices, a pub, and an overflowing dumpster.

And you would have expected a rather more impressive location for the Ministry of Magic

Walking to an old red telephone box, which was missing several panes of glass and stood before a heavily graffittied wall. I opened the telephone box door.

Stepping inside, I reached for the receiver.

“Let’s see . . . six . . . two . . . four . . . and another four . . . and another
two . . .”

As the dial whirred smoothly back into place, a cool female voice sounded inside the telephone box, not from the receiver in my hand, but as loudly and plainly as though an invisible woman was standing right beside me.

“Welcome to the Ministry of Magic. Please state your name and
business.”

" Camelia Potter, here to attend Sirius Black's trial "
Y
“Thank you,” said the cool female voice.

“Visitor, please take the badge and attach it to the front of your robes.”

There was a click and a rattle, and I saw something slide out of the metal chute where returned coins usually appeared. I picked it up: It was a square silver badge with Camelia Potter, Sirius's trial on it.

I pinned it to the front of my shirt as the female voice spoke again.

“Visitor to the Ministry, you are required to submit to a search and
present your wand for registration at the security desk, which is located at the far end of the Atrium.” The floor of the telephone box shuddered and I was sinking slowly into the ground.

I watched apprehensively as the pavement rose up past the glass windows of the telephone box until darkness closed over my head. Then I could see nothing at all; I could
only hear a dull grinding noise as the telephone box made its way down through the earth. After about a minute,  a chink of golden light illuminated my feet and,

“The Ministry of Magic wishes you a pleasant day,” said the woman’s voice.

The door of the telephone box sprang open and I was standing at one end of a very long and splendid hall with a
highly polished, dark wood floor. The peacock-blue ceiling was inlaid with gleaming golden symbols that were continually moving and changing like some enormous heavenly notice board. The walls on each side were paneled in shiny dark wood and had many gilded fireplaces set into them.