044

╔═════════════════╗
𝓒𝓪𝓵𝓶 𝓫𝓮𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶
╚═════════════════╝

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

As the next day was Saturday, most students would normally have breakfasted late. Draco, Astoria, Theo and I, however, were not alone in rising much earlier than they usually did on weekends.

When we went down into the entrance hall, they saw about twenty people milling around it, some of them eating toast, all examining the Goblet of Fire. It had been placed in the center of the hall on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat.

A thin golden line had been traced on the floor, forming a circle ten feet around
it in every direction.

“Anyone put their name in yet?” Ron eagerly asked us as he noticed me approaching

“All the Durmstrang lot,” Astoria replied. “But I haven’t seen anyone from Hogwarts yet.”

“Bet some of them put it in last night after we’d all gone to bed,” said Harry. “I would’ve if it had been me . . . wouldn’t have wanted everyone watching. What if the goblet just gobbed you right back
out again?”

" Nah, I would have put it in front of everyone just for drama " I laughed

" Of course you would" Harry flicked my head and I pulled his hair before Hermione seperated us, glaring

Someone laughed behind us. Turning, we saw Fred, George, and Lee Jordan hurrying down the staircase, all three of them looking extremely excited.

“Done it,” Fred said in a triumphant whisper us. “Just taken it.”

“What?” said Ron.

“The Aging Potion, dung brains,” said Fred.

“One drop each,” said George, rubbing his hands together with glee. “We only need to be a few months older.”

“We’re going to split the thousand Galleons between the three of us if one of us wins,” said Lee, grinning broadly.

“I’m not sure this is going to work, you know,” said Hermione warningly “I’m sure Dumbledore will have thought of this.” Fred, George, and Lee ignored her.

“Ready?” Fred said to the other two, quivering with excitement.

“C’mon, then — I’ll go first —”

I watched, trying to hide the snickers that left me, as Fred pulled a slip of parchment out of his pocket bearing the words Fred Weasley — Hogwarts.

Fred walked right up to the edge of the line and stood there, rocking on his toes like a diver preparing for a fifty-foot drop. Then, with the eyes of every person in the entrance hall upon him, he took a great breath and stepped over the line.