040

╔═════════════════╗𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹 𝓫𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓸 𝓭𝓪𝓶𝓷 𝓱𝓸𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓸 ╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹 𝓫𝓮𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓸 𝓭𝓪𝓶𝓷 𝓱𝓸𝓽 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓸
╚═════════════════╝

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Through the gates, flanked with statues of winged boars, and up the sweeping drive the carriages trundled, swaying dangerously in what was fast becoming a gale. Leaning against the window, I could see Hogwarts coming nearer, its many lighted windows blurred and shimmering behind the thick curtain of rain.

Lightning flashed across the sky as their carriage came to a halt before the great oak front doors, which stood at the top of a flight of stone steps. People who had occupied the carriages in front were
already hurrying up the stone steps into the castle.

Draco, Pansy, Theo, Blaise and I jumped down from their carriage and dashed up the steps too, looking up only when they were safely inside the cavernous, torch-lit entrance hall, with its magnificent marble staircase.

We all were walking slowly trying to get water off our robes when suddenly we were hit with large, red, water-filled balloons had dropped from out of the
ceiling onto our heads and exploded.

People all around us shrieked and started pushing one another in their efforts to get out of the line of fire.

I looked up and saw, floating twenty feet above us, Peeves, malicious face
contorted with concentration as he took aim again.

"PEEVES!" yelled an angry voice. "Peeves, come down here at ONCE!" Professor McGonagall, had come dashing out of the Great Hall; she skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione around the neck to stop herself from falling.

"Ouch - sorry, Miss Granger -"

"That's all right, Professor!" Hermione gasped, massaging her throat.

"Peeves, get down here NOW!" barked Professor McGonagall, straightening her pointed hat and glaring upward through her square-rimmed spectacles.

"Not doing nothing!" cackled Peeves, lobbing a water bomb at several fifth-year girls, who screamed and dived into the Great Hall.

"Already wet, aren't they? Little squirts! Wheeeeeeeeee!" And he aimed another bomb at a group of second years who had just arrived.

"I shall call the headmaster!" shouted Professor McGonagall.

"I'm warning you, Peeves -"

Peeves stuck out his tongue, threw the last of his water bombs into the air, and zoomed off up the marble staircase, cackling insanely.

Honestly, I had totally forgotten about this and now Peeves is going to be out of my way for the rest of the year.

I'll make sure of that