seventeen

june 30th
2:00pm
harlem, new york.

ARIES NICOLE BRADLEY(15)

"i'm right down the street, call me when you wanna come down the block

"i'm right down the street, call me when you wanna come down the block." notti hugged aries tightly.

"notti you tryna kill me?" aries held onto him, bared into his chest.
"ethan." he corrected her, he hated once she called him what everybody else called him.
he bagged up from the girl looking around the graveyard giving her a pre rolled blunt and a bic lighter.

"thank you." she smiled warming his heart, her perfect teeth were everything.

"i love you aries" he hugged her again and she giggled lowly hugging him back. "i love you more." she swung them side to side.

letting go notti let out a breath. "i'm down the street, okay?" he kissed her forehead.

she nodded walking in the grass of the graveyard, spotting her father's tombstone.

she sat in front of the tombstone pouring water over it, clearing it off and fixing his flowers that needed to be planted.

notti stayed in the same spot looking at aries clear the tombstone, hoping she'd be okay once he walked away.

aries looked up at the boy shaking her head. 'i'm fine.' she mouthed seeing him nod and slowly walk away.

"hey popss" aries smiled at the man on the tombstone, she really did look so much like him, it was smile that gave it all.

she sparked the blunt up, looking at her father then back to the blunt. "if you was here today, i wouldn't be smoking in front of you like this" aries laughed looking at the blunt.
her laughter died down lighting it up again taking a pull from it.

"shit, i look too much like you man" she blew the smoke out. "i wonder if you was here today, how would you act? if you acted like simone then shid you'll be my homie fasho" she nodded.

"but simone be telling me i act like you a lot, i wanna know how, i wanna how you act for real, she say you talk mexicanoooo" aries joke laughing at herself.

she puffed on the blunt again, letting it run through her lungs. "na for real pops, real shit." she spoke. "ion know i just think- if you was here right now speaking as i speak, you would understand me on some real shit." her high thoughts spoke.

"ion think nobody understand me, not even my nigga." aries puffed on the blunt once again. "but i love him, i hope he understands me"

"i think you'd understand me better than any muhfucka for real, everything simone say about you make me wanna meet your, she make you sound so cool and smooth, like you was just a chill ass person." aries ranted.

aries looked at her crocs, then her nails trying not to cry.
"shit." she mumbled wiping a tear that tried falling from her eyes.

"this life shit hard for me sometimes" she sniffed. "ion know- shit just be getting to me, and that shit just irritating." she panted through her talk, now looking at the man's face.

"happy birthday Andre, i love you pops, i wish i could've met you before all that shit happened to you." she waved her hand.

"i barley remember you man, shit crazy." she shook her head. "of course you remember me" she chuckled feeling herself cry again. "ion even know what i'm talking bout dre, i'm just high." she sniffed again.

"this is crazy man, i never had a father figure in my life, simone don't even like niggas. i don't think she dating again no time soon." simone looked around the graveyard, seeing wild rabbits and butterflies, enjoying her high moment and the silence.

"i just wanted to come talk to come talk to you, now that i'm older i can have a conversation with you, something i been wanting to tell you for a while, but it over came out." she shrugged licking her lips.

she looked at her phone, reading the time.

'2:22pm' she read.

she yawned laying her head on the tombstone, she didn't know what she was doing, she just knew she was tired from the weed she just smoked though.

looking at the sky, she felt her eyes getting heavy, trying her best not to fall asleep at the gravesite.

she thought about going to the beach and other things before she saw darkness, and she soon fell asleep.

"it's been three hours" notti looked at his apple watch again bouncing his leg, now getting frustrated.

"go get her, you've been looking at that watch since you got over here" edot shook his head blowing smoke out of his mouth.

notti stood up beginning to walk away from the crowd. "damn he ain't waist no time for sis." dudey stifled his laugh.

"mann he pussy whipped" dd scuffed shaking his head, dd even saw that notti didn't get high neither, of course he took puffs, but he didn't get too high.

he ignored the boys walking away from them, he didn't care what they said, aries wasn't answering her phone, and she'd been at the graveyard since two o'clock and it was now five in the evening, she couldn't been talking to her deceased father that long.

notti walked up to the gravesite walking inside the gates seeing other people there so he put his hood on.

he walked up to the tombstone, observing aries lightly snoring, laying her head on her father's tombstone.

"mama." he tapped her, getting no response from the girl.

"mama wake up." notti whispered pulling her arm, spotting dried up tears on her face.

she slowly opened her eyes, getting her vision together she looked at notti helping her up.

"i don't even feel like walking." she dramatically fell onto of him as he catches her within instant.

"aight ima carry you come on." he picked her up allowing her to wrap her legs around his waist.

"where we going." her soft voice ran through his ear, seeing he walked the other way from the crew.

"home, mama go to sleep, i know you tired." he rubbed her back as they walked to the next block, going to his home.

aries yawned lowly closing her eyes again, smiling at how much of a baby he made her feel like.

"how long was i there?" aries spoke breaking the silence from the two.

"three hours, mama." he confirmed and her eyes widened. "shit." she mumbled and he nodded.

"shit crazy right." he kept the convo going feeling her nod.

"you hungry?" he asked the girl.

"no, i'm just tired." she let out a breath, holding onto notti while he held her by her waist walking down the hill.

i'm that light? the hell. aries thought to herself.

"okay." he mumbled.

"i love you ethan, you treat me like a baby." aries frowned. "you so nice even when you mad at me, i don't get how you can handle me period." she traced lines on his hoodie.

"i love you too aries, we been through thick and thin with each other, of course ima baby you, you my baby." he laughed and she did too.

"i love you more."

#couplegoalsss. this chapter was short, but comment on what y'all think about this story.. or chapter idm😭😭🤷🏽‍♀️..

bye🤍.