Compass.

Chapter 1:
Healing.

Compass - You're my only Compass

Compass -
You're my only Compass...

_____________

        After Melvin dropped Y/n home from the Art gallery, he had went home, the two promised that they wouldn't brush over their exchange and would revisit it another time.

The next morning.

Both Y/n and Melvin we're getting ready in their houses, since Aria was over at Melvin's mothers house, she invited them for lunch before Aria goes back home. The timing was a bit off considering the two just had a pretty awkward interaction that they couldn't explain, but either way they had to still be around each other for Aria.

Y/n had arrived first to Marie's house, "Come in, I'm just finishing up the food!" She welcomes Y/n in.

"How was Aria, I hope she didn't give too much trouble." Y/n sat down at the table in the dining room.

"She didn't at all, she's such a bundle of joy." Marie puts plates down on the table.

The doorbell rings, "I'll get it." Y/n says before walking over to the door.

She opens it revealing Melvins tall stature, "Hey." She says.

"Hey." Melvin walks into the house closing the door behind him.

Well this is awkward...

"Where's Aria?" He asked.

"Shes upstairs napping."

Melvin nodded at her words and walked over to the dining room, Y/n following after him. For some reason there was this odd tension between them, but y/n doesn't feel like it's because of the kiss, Melvin feels distant...? But why? She thought.

"Did you hear me sweetheart?" Marie asks.

Y/n was so stuck in her thoughts she didn't hear what Marie had just asked. "No I'm sorry could you repeat that?"

"It's fine, I asked if you wanted salad with yours?"

Y/n nodded, "Yes salad is fine thank you."

The whole lunch went by in a blur for Y/n, Melvin barely spoke to Y/n or added on to anything she said which was really weird to her. She understands that the kiss threw them off guard, but they were fine when he had dropped her off at her house so what had changed?