Devil's Advocate.

Chapter 4:
Quit it.

Chapter 4:Quit it

——————

I'm the devils advocate
You don't know the half of it
Good luck tryna manage it

- Devil's Advocate.

———————

          Melvin sits in the chair hands tapping on the table as the detective sits in the chair across from Melvin.

"Can I know what I'm here for now?" Melvin asks.

The officer nods taking papers and pictures out the folder, "Are you aware of the murder of your old co-worker Vernon Carter?" He asks.

Melvin nods.

"Well recently we've received some news about who Vernon is as a person and we've gotten claims from a co-worker of his alleging that he liked to assault women."

Melvin nods again, still confused on what this has to do with him.

"And I'm sure you're still wondering why you are here." The officer takes more pictures out the folder sliding it over to Melvin, "This is why." He refers to the pictures.

Melvin sits up in the chair taking a better look at the picture, he sees himself in the same place as Vernon with Vernon persuading a girl to leave with him, and in the second one it's Melvin talking to the same girl.

"Can you explain what's happening in the photos, and there's no need to lie we have the camera footage." The detective crosses his arms.

"That day, I had went to the same lounge as Vernon, and while I was there I had noticed him, but before I spoke to him I realized what he was trying to do the obviously intoxicated woman, so I stepped in and immediately when he saw me he moved away from the women, and after that I helped her get an Uber back home." Melvin says.

The detective nods, "So you and Vernon never went to the lounge together? You just happened to be at the same lounge as him?"

Melvin nods, "Yes."

"Okay. When I asked the co-worker, Reily, about what she experienced with Vernon she mentioned you, and how you were there for her." The detective pauses, "So what I'm getting at is you knew of Vernon and his tendencies, but you never reported him?"

Melvin presses his thumbs together, "Yeah I mean, Reily would always report him and nothing changed so I figured me reporting him wouldn't work either."