4. A Mouth That Opens Like A Flower

As the three sat on the living room couch and bandaged each other's hands, Nancy gently rubbed her index and middle fingers on Aiden's bandage.

"Is it too tight?" She looked at him. Aiden shook his head.

"It's okay" he whispered, looking down at the bandage before his eyes met Nancy's. "Thanks"

The older girl gave a small nod before letting go of Aiden's hand. She did the same for Jonathan and soon they all sat in silence.

Jonathan noticed Nancy looking around with a nervous expression.

"Don't worry" Jonathan said. "My mom... She said the lights speak when it comes"

"Speak!" Nancy asked.

"Blink" Aiden said.

"Exactly" Jonathan said. "Think of them as... Alarms"

Nancy looked at the two boys and then nodded slightly. Why she was trusting a boy she'd met only about an hour ago,she didn't know,but there was something calming about the boy's demeanor. Whether it was the way he spoke or the conviction behind his words,or the sincerity in his eyes,she didn't have an exact reason to trust Aiden so quickly,but she did.

A sudden knock on the door caused the three to jump, Aiden in particular because he was still a little on edge about what was to come.

"Jonathan! Are you there,man? It's..  it's Steve"

"Shit" Aiden mumbled under his breath, he'd completely forgotten about Steve.

"Wait here" Nancy whispered before getting up and going to the door. After a few seconds,the door was pushed open and Steve stumbled in, looking around at the living room. 

"What the hell..." He whispered.

Jonathan stood up and went up to Steve. "listen, I'm not asking you, I'm telling you,you need to get out of here"

"What's that smell? Is that gasoline?" Steve continued to spew questions as his eyes landed on Aiden. "Who's the kid?"

"Dude,leave now" Aiden spoke up. "Seriously mab,for your own good"

Nancy picked up her pistol and pointed it at Steve. "Steve,get out now. I'm doing this for you"

"Wait,wait... What?!" Steve was completely perplexed. "What is going on?!"

Suddenly,the lights in the house started to flicker.

'Here we go...'

Aiden unsheathed his sword as he and Jonathan went to Nancy.

"Nancy" Jonathan called. "Nancy! It's here! Aiden,stay close to us!"

"What's here?" Steve asked as the trio stood close to each other,all had their backs to each other.

"Where is it?" Nancy asked, looking around frantically.

"Where's what?!" Steve asked.

Aiden's eyes travelled to the corner of the house where he knew the Demogorgon would appear. He'd be lying if he said his nerves weren't acting up at that moment.

"Hello! Would someone please tell me–"

Steve's words were left hanging in the air as a crash was heard through the ceiling. They all looked in the corner which it came from and sure enough,it was the Demogorgon hanging from the ceiling.

Aiden was almost too shocked to move as he saw the creature live and direct,his consciousness only being brought back by the sound of Nancy's gunshots as she shot at it. The creature then landed on the floor as Jonathan grabbed Nancy who in turn grabbed Aiden as they ran through the hallway and into the safety of Will's room. Aiden could've sworn that a millisecond before they ran, he saw the Demogorgon open it's flower like mouth as it let out a blood-curdling screech... And Steve's screams weren't helpinghis nerves either.