🎄 Hawkins Holidays 🎄

A/N: This is not connected in any way to the plot that's been established so far. It's just a filler chapter made for Christmas. Y'all enjoy! Or not... I'll still write either way.

__________

"Can you even reach?"

"Of course I can!"

"Careful dude, you're gonna fall!"

"I am not gonna– woah!"

Aiden landed on the wooden floor with a thud. "I meant to do that"

"Sure you did" Max rolled her eyes as she went over to help the boy up.

The 21 year old let out a groan as he took her hand. "Did I get it?"

"Surprisingly,yes" Max said as she looked up at the star on top of the Christmas tree.

"It only took you thirty minutes," Mike smiled sarcastically.

"If it's so easy,why didn't you do it?" Aiden finally went back to his seat beside Max.

"I'm not the one who wanted to show off with my powers" Mike smirked at his brother.

"Fuck you" the light skin boy pouted.

"Language!" Was heard from one of the inner rooms of the house, causing everyone to either laugh or scoff. The whole party had decided to spend Christmas with the Wheelers and so far it'd gone great- till Aiden decided to take it upon himself and put the missing decoration on their Christmas tree.

"Can we open the presents now?" Eleven asked and Aiden nodded in agreement.

Nancy, Steve and Jonathan all looked at each other.. Robin was excluded cause she was just as excited to open it as the younger ones in the group.

"I don't see why not," Steve nodded.

"Yeah!" Lucas cheered as he and Aiden shared a high-five.

"Seven years and you both haven't changed" Max shook her head at the two black boys. In truth; the only thing that'd changed was their physical appearances and probably their voices, aside that, they were all pretty much the same; Aiden's dreads had gotten longer but he decided to arrange them into braids that stopped at his neck as he didn't want them getting too long, something Lucas had complimented on more than one occasion. He also had a slightly noticeable goatee now which Max kept touching,to Aiden's amusement. He'd also grown a little taller, somewhere around 5 '11 and his voice had gotten a bit of grit to it,but it wasn't exactly deepened.

Max had grown noticeably too.. she always had her ginger hair in a ponytail and her curves had gotten more noticeable.. especially to her fiance who never stopped pointing it out.

Soon gifts were being exchanged by and with everyone; Dustin, Will, Lucas, Mel and Erica were all arguing over whose gift was cooler, Mike and Aiden were trying to help their mom with the food, with Aiden mostly (tasting)..  and Max and El seemed to be wrapped up in their own little conversation.

"So, what's the plan now that you're done with college?" Nancy asked as she joined her siblings in the kitchen.

"Honestly, probably go to California and try to get a job," Mike replied. "I mean, it'll mean El and I would be closer right?"

"That does make sense" Aiden nodded as he reached for another cookie, only to have his hand slapped by Nancy. "Ow! Nance, c'mon!"

"No, they're for everyone" The 24 year old girl sternly looked at him, causing him to grumble.

"Mom!" Aiden whined.

"Listen to your sister, sweetie" Karen kissed the boy on the cheek as she walked past him.

"Denny, what about you?" Mike asked. "What's your plan after college?"

"I don't really know but I'm definitely not leaving Hawkins... At least not right now" Aiden said.

"Why not?" Nancy asked.

"I've lived in a big city once... I hated it" Aiden smiled a little. "Plus,I have... Responsibilities here,with Max and you guys too"

"Dude, it's been years.. the Upside Down is gone,you don't have to worry anymore" Mike said, assuming that's what he meant.

"You never know..." The ninja shrugged. "Just in case"

Just then Max walked in, wrapping her arms behind him.

"Hey" she pecked him on the lips.

"Hi" Aiden couldn't help but smile.

"I think it's time," Max whispered in his ear.

"Already?" Aiden was surprised. He wasn't ready yet but Max nodded.

"C'mon, we'll do it together" Max grabbed his hand. The young adult let out a sigh before nodding.

The couple headed out to the living room,but not before calling the attention of Mike, Nancy and Karen.

"Aye, everyone!" Aiden called out. Letting out a breath,he waited for everyone to turn to him and Max who still had their hands together. "We both have something to tell you"

"Okay,so.." Max started. "It's probably kinda messed up that we didn't tell anyone this earlier but we decided to wait till Christmas Eve... Actually even Aiden didn't know till about three days ago"

"What's going on?" El asked. "Are you guys moving?"

"What? No no..." Aiden shook his head and decided to just let it out, holding the ginger's hand a little tighter. "Guys... Max and I are having a baby"

Steve immediately choked on his drink and everyone else let out noises of surprise.

"Wait... You're serious" Nancy said.

"Why would we joke about expecting a baby?" Max shook her head.

"Oh my God!!" El was the first to react as she immediately ran towards them both and pulled them into a group hug. "I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!"

As soon as Nancy and Karen got over their shock,they immediately reacted in similar ways, though Karen was slightly upset that Aiden waited this long to tell them.. overall she was still excited; she was going to be a grandmother.

Nancy hugged her little brother as tightly as she could... It seemed like just a few days ago when she'd first found out he'd be living with them.. she'd always looked after him since then, even when he seemed to be able to do things on his own. And now he was a dad? She was gonna be an aunt...

It was surreal.

"My little babies are all grown up" Steve pretended to tear up.

"Aww, Mama Steve.." Aiden dapped the older boy up. "Don't worry. This just gives you one more kid to raise"

"Well handling you little shits when you were younger has been more than enough practice" Steve rolled his eyes.

"Wait,is it a boy or a girl?" Lucas asked.

"Obviously a boy" Steve scoffed and flipped his hair. "Hopefully he'll have my perfect hair"

"Actually it's a girl," Max said.

"Yes!" El, Melanie and Erica cheered while the Harrington boy groaned.

Aiden still couldn't believe it... From landing in Hawkins by complete accident and fighting monsters,to having a kid with the love of his life... His life has been one hell of a rollercoaster the past few years.

And he was grateful for it.

"What're you gonna name her?" El asked.

Max and Aiden looked at each other knowingly before looking back at their best friend.

"Jane"