18. Pandemonium

"You sure that's not a dog?" Max asked.

"I fought one before and I'm sure as hell that's not a dog" Aiden said as he pushed his hood down.

Steve opened the door and went out of the bus, his bat in hand.

"What's he doing?" Melanie asked as Max came back down into the bus.

"Expanding the menu" Dustin said.

Scanning the area, Aiden's eyes landed on another creature that looked like Dart jumping on a car right behind Steve.

"Bingo..."

"Steve! Watch out!" Lucas yelled.

"I'm a little busy here!" Steve kept his eyes on Dart.

"Three O'Clock!" Lucas yelled.

Steve looked behind him to see more of the creatures prowling towards him.

Dart brought his friends...

Steve dodged one of the creatures which tried pouncing on him,but another was headed straight for him. Right before he raised his bat, Steve heard a familiar whirring sound and a second later,the creature got sent flying backwards.

Looking up, Steve saw Aiden standing in front of him,hand extended.

"Go!" Aiden commanded. Steve ran back to the bus while Aiden summoned two clones to face the other incoming creatures. As the other two sprinted off, Aiden channelled chakra to his hands as he didn't have a weapon like Steve. Punching one creature after the other, Aiden didn't seem to notice that one of them was attacking beside him till it was too late.

"Aiden!" Max screamed as it tackled and pinned Aiden to the ground. It was one of the few times she'd ever used his actual name,due to the panic she currently felt for him.

The creature clamped it's flower like mouth down on Aiden's shoulder, earning a scream from the teen. Aiden was disoriented by the pain but thought quickly and spawned another Rasengan in his right hand, quickly ramming it into the creature's head and killing it.

Aiden quickly scrambled to his feet and teleported into the bus next to Max.

"Aiden... God! Your shoulder!" She pointed to the boy's now bleeding shoulder.

"It's not deep" Aiden breathed out. "my hoodie took most of that bite..."

"Shit... Kid,thanks for the save" Steve said.

"Anytime, Harrington" Aiden smiled.

"What were those things?" Melanie asked.

"Baby Demogorgons" Aiden said.

"Those are just the babies?!" Max asked.

Before anyone could explain,the other creatures rammed against the bus, threatening to destroy it.

"Shit,shit shit..." Aiden cussed as they all ran to the back of the bus.

"Mike? Will?" Dustin called into his walkie talkie. "God! Anyone! We're at the old junkyard and we're going to die!"

While Dustin was screaming, Aiden and Max looked up and saw one of the creatures walking towards the open roof of the bus, causing her to scream.

"Get back!" Aiden said and weaved the bird hand-sign, thrusting his palms forward as a gale of wind shot forward and knocked the creature off the bus.

Suddenly everything went quiet,then the sound of the creatures running away was heard. Everyone eventually relaxed as the tension wore off.

The lack of adrenaline now made Aiden painfully aware of the wound on his shoulder as he grunted in pain, letting go of Max's hand which he didn't even realize he'd been holding.