14. The Shadow Monster

As his eyes darted around the room,the boy saw that he was once again in the upside down.

"Come on..." Aiden groaned, looking around as if he expected something to jump out at him. He had started to notice a pattern, everytime Will had a vision,he had one too. But they only started during that night at the arcade.

Aiden shook his head to clear his thoughts and focus on the current situation. If this plays out the same way it did in the show... He needed to find Will quickly.

"Will!" Aiden started sprinting across the hallways as fast as his legs could go. "Will?!"

"Aiden!!"

"Yeah, it's me! Where are you?!" Aiden channelled chakra to his feet and ran even faster, trying to pin point where Will's voice was coming from in the school.

"Aiden, it's chasing me!" Came Will's voice.

"Shit..." Aiden made a sharp right turn. "Buddy, I need you to run... Don't stop till you get out of the building, I'll meet you outside! Got it?!"

"Got it!"

The light skin boy ran,turned and hopped over vines till he saw the exit. As he pushed past the door,the teenager saw Will standing in place while the Mind Flayer got closer and closer to him.

'Shit... This is the scene where he actually takes Bob's advice'

"Will!" Aiden screamed. "Forget everything you're thinking and run!"

Will's attention turned to his friend, leaving him completely vulnerable to the Mind Flayer that was barely ten feet away from him.

"Shit!" Aiden immediately lost all rational thought and the next events happened by complete reflex;

The chakra user disappeared in a flicker, appeared next to Will and quickly teleported them both at least fifty yards away from the monster. The creature let out a loud roar that shook Aiden to his core,but he had to shake off his fears and focus.

"What-" Will looked at Aiden in shock.

"Will,this isn't a nightmare" Aiden said, looking back up at the giant spider monster that was still getting close to them with each huge step. "That... This whole thing is real!"

"What... What do we do?" Will asked.

Before Aiden could think of a response, a stream of smoke shot out of one of the monster's legs,headed right towards the two boys. Aiden quickly put Will down got right in front of him and started to weave a set of hand signs.

'Wind release: Gale Palm'

Aiden shot his hands forward and a huge gust of wind shot out of his palms, dispersing the smoke.

The light skin boy thought quickly and extended his right hand, causing a Rasengan to start to form. The blue sphere seemed to take far too long to gather into something big enough as the monster was getting closer and closer to them. Aiden didn't know what was taking so long to shape his Rasengan as it was currently barely the size of a grapefruit,but he had to use it regardless.

With his eyes fixed forward,Aiden leapt towards the spider monster,hand outstretched as he got closer and closer to it. Halfway up to the giant creature, Aiden heard a scream from a distance that shifted his focus. That split second however, was costly to him as the Rasengan in his right hand dissipated without warning,much to Aiden's alarm.

"Shit!" His eyes widened.

Aiden was immediately smacked out of the air by one of the spider's legs, causing the boy to fly to the side and skid multiple yards across the field. Once he'd stopped rolling,Aiden let out a groan of pain and tried to get his bearings back.