43. Vecna's Curse

Eddie's scream upon seeing Aiden appear out of nowhere immediately alerted the rest of the party that he was in the shed. The Munson boy immediately picked up a bottle and threw it at Aiden who quickly dodged by pulling his head back up.

"Oh,calm down,man" Aiden rolled his eyes as he landed back ok the ground with a flip. "Like it's your first time seeing a guy hang upside down"

"Jesus Christ..." Eddie gasped as the recognition set in. "Wheeler?"

"Sup?" Aiden held up two fingers.

"Eddie!" Dustin yelled as the others found the duo in the shed. "It's just me, Max, Steve and Robin. Remember,I told you about all of them.. and Aiden just played DND with us yesterday. They're all cool, especially Steve and Aiden"

"How'd he sneak his way in without me seeing him?" Eddie pointed at Aiden.

"Oh,he has superpowers" Dustin said simply.

"Dustin!" Robin scolded.

"Meh, it's okay, Eddie's trustworthy" Aiden shrugged.

Sensing that he was out of danger, Eddie let himself slump to the floor. Aiden patted his shoulder comfortingly.

"That wasn't necessary" Max looked at Aiden, referring to the use of his powers.

"We just wanna talk" Aiden told Eddie,once again disregarding the redhead's presence. "Could you tell us what... What you saw?"

"You won't believe me" Eddie looked at them.

"Aiden is basically a freak of nature," Dustin said. "Basically if Superman was a ninja.. "

"So trust me, we've seen weird shit" Steve added.

Eddie looked at the aforementioned boy and saw in his facial expression... in his eyes that Aiden was ready to believe him and had seen his own fair share of terrible things..  and he presumed the rest of them had as well.

"Her body just like, started to float..." Eddie started. "Her body just hung in the air and then... Her bones started to snap"

Aiden closed his eyes in discomfort,basically hearing the sounds again as Eddie described them. His hand instinctively reached over to Eddie, offering another gentle pat.

"Her eyes,man..." Eddie tried to continue. "It was like there was something inside her pulling them back in... I didn't know what to do so I just left her there. I know this all sounds crazy... You all think I'm crazy right?"

"We don't,man" Aiden shook his head. "Believe me, we've seen shit like this before"

"Don't bullshit me,man!" Eddie raised his voice. "I know how this sounds"

"How would you react if I told you Steve and I once fought an eight foot tall monster with a flower shaped mouth and no face?" Aiden crouched to Eddie's level. "or that Dustin once kept one of it's babies as a pet?"

"I'd say you're crazy" Eddie shook his head.

"Exactly" Aiden said, sitting on the floor in front of Eddie. "But just like all you've seen was real,all we've seen is just as real. Look,man... Believe it or not, there's multiple dimensions out there and I'm from one of them. It's a long story but the gist of it all is that one of these dimensions is right beneath Hawkins, it's actually a dark reflection of this dimension... That's where those monsters originated from"

"Monsters..." Eddie whispered in disbelief at the boy in front of him.

"We thought they were gone but they came back before once before" Dustin said. "That's why we needed to find you"