17. Connections

Superpowers.... They only exist in comics and movies. They weren't real... Right?

They weren't supposed to be real...

Max still didn't understand how any of this was even remotely possible as she stared at Aiden who was still pedalling.. he was so goofy and timid looking when she first came across him, something about him and Will reminded her of her childhood friend Nate.

But Aiden seemed like he was able to punch back without hesitation...

Aiden was different.

And now he apparently had otherworldly abilities and was seemingly from the future... that too,in another dimension?

Max was starting to question reality itself when they arrived at the junkyard.

"I said medium well!" Lucas called out as he and Aiden started to slow down.

"I don't think Dart is exactly picky with the kind of meat he wants" Aiden said as they got off the bikes.

"Wheeler!" Steve smiled when he spotted Aiden.

"Yo, Steve!" Aiden waved at the older boy as the four kids got closer.

"Who're the girls?" Steve furrowed his eyebrows at the new kids.

"Oh,yeah..." Aiden turned to them. "Steve,this is Max Mayfield and Melanie Hayes"

"Okay,kid... Here's the plan..." Steve started to explain,but Aiden tuned him out as he already knew the plan and how it would go. His thoughts rather shifted to Will and Barb... If will was undergoing tests right now for being possessed,then Barb was most likely going through the same thing. If that was the case,he needed to know how things were going and help as much as he could.

"... den, Aiden!"

"Huh??" Aiden snapped his head towards Steve.

"You understand the plan?" The older boy asked.

"Yes sir" Aiden nodded.

"You're sure?" Steve pressed."I don't want you getting killed, cause Nancy would kill me if anything happens to you"

"Relax,man" Aiden waved off his worry. "I have at least ten Jutsu at my disposal,plus I'm the fastest one here... I think I'm good"

"Yeah,till your fancy chakra energy rubs out" Steve points out. "Then it's game over"

"Wait,what?" Max looked at him.

"What happens if it runs out?" Melanie added.

"That's besides the point" Aiden walked off. "if we're gonna lure Dart,we gotta get to work"

"What happens when it runs out?" Max looked at Lucas.

The darks skinned boy let out a sigh as he watched Aiden walk away. "He could die"

The answer sent a cold feeling through Max and Mel's systems.

______________________________

"I know you kept him" Aiden said as he and Dustin fished for metal among the pile of junk.

"What?" Dustin turned to him.

"Dart. I know you found him but still took him back home" Aiden continued without looking at him. "That was a pretty stupid move,man"

"Look,I didn't know he was a baby Demogorgon" Dustin said.

"I told you that day not to keep him" Aiden finally looked at him. "What if it ate more than your cat? What if it grew bigger and hurt your mom?"